Saftey stop

Tromix offers an "all-in-one" bolt on trigger guard / safety stop / pistol grip escutcheon if you don't want to mess with the metal work.

Uhmm, I sorta kinda thought that Tromix was out of the picture for now and for a while. When I went to their site this is what is posted.

Due to our extreme back order situation we are no longer accepting any new orders for complete guns, customer built guns, or sales of gun parts until further notice. Our waiting list is also completely full. If you already have an order booked with us, or are on our waiting list, we will contact you when your slot nears the top of the build schedule. There is no need to remind us that you are still waiting.

Thank you, Tony Rumore

Darn :cryss:

NukemJim

Tromix offers an "all-in-one" bolt on trigger guard / safety stop / pistol grip escutcheon if you don't want to mess with the metal work.

Uhmm, I sorta kinda thought that Tromix was out of the picture for now and for a while. When I went to their site this is what is posted.

Due to our extreme back order situation we are no longer accepting any new orders for complete guns, customer built guns, or sales of gun parts until further notice. Our waiting list is also completely full. If you already have an order booked with us, or are on our waiting list, we will contact you when your slot nears the top of the build schedule. There is no need to remind us that you are still waiting.

Thank you, Tony Rumore

Darn :cryss:

NukemJim

I thought the same thing, but you can still order parts from MAA if you go the DIY route.

I did my conversion the old fashioned way - I cut off the trigger hole cover plate BEHIND the safety stop using a Dremel cutoff wheel, leaving the stop itself still riveted to the receiver. A few swipes with a file and some emery cloth to clean up the cut, and it looks like it left the factory that way. After the FCG and PG were relocated, I re-used the original trigger guard, via welds in the front and rear holes, such that it spans the original safety stop. Cheap, robust, functional and (IMHO) good looking:

Saiga12PGcloseup.jpg

Saiga12grass.jpg

Edited by StealthyBlagga
I'm a little partial to the 12-C style...

P1050586.jpg

P1060521.jpg

I cant find that safety stop anywhere. got a trigger guard for modding from k-var.

You can get the virgin selector stops from Global Trades/Elk River tool & die for $10.99

I have a tutorial on the mod...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...06&hl=skott

I can't find them on Elk Rivers Site. I looked on Global trades site also. I bought some last year from Copes but they don't seem to have them any more either, but I'm not sure with the changes in their web site. If anyone finds any post it here, I need two more.

Thanks

I can't find them on Elk Rivers Site. I looked on Global trades site also. I bought some last year from Copes but they don't seem to have them any more either, but I'm not sure with the changes in their web site. If anyone finds any post it here, I need two more.

Thanks

You'll need to pick up the telephone and call them.

ERT&D sucks when it comes to their website maintenance.

Global Trades has been out of business for quite some time now (but they weren't the best webmasters, either).

http://www.elkrivertoolanddie.com/

Call them Monday, they'll have what you need.

Edited by nalioth
Here's a pic of my selector stop. I used a longer bolt in the PG, cut a piece of 3/16 flatbar to size, put a spacer under it and trimmed it so the safety hits it just as the dimple in the lever clears the bottom of the receiver.

You can do this. Really cheap and invisible.