Extended mag release

Does anyone know anywhere that sells the extended mag release and ships to the UK?

Many thanks, Charlie

I bought the release from Jeric (Warfield Armoury) and he posted to the UK. However I see from other posts that he has sort of "disappeared" at least from this forum.

Having said this, the mag release is literally only a piece of Z shaped metal with a couple of holes drilled to attach to the existing release with some tiny screws. It wouldn't be hard to make one from scratch and the other issue was that the screws that come with it are an obscure (for the UK ) thread which took quite a bit of finding.

Having seen one I wouldn't bother buying if I were you, 30 minutes in a workshop will produce something 99% as good and araldite will attach it almost as well as the screws as there are virtually no forces acting on it.

ps if you do contact Jeric, his LRBHO works well, though maybe worth waiting for the one Cobra is releasing shortly as Jeric's does require you to cut the side of the mag tower.

Edited by davidsuffolk
Having said this, the mag release is literally only a piece of Z shaped metal with a couple of holes drilled to attach to the existing release with some tiny screws. It wouldn't be hard to make one from scratch and the other issue was that the screws that come with it are an obscure (for the UK ) thread which took quite a bit of finding...

I built my own as well (for another AK) and plan on doing it for my Saiga. All you need is a piece of steel, a vice, drill and tap, and machine scews (or pop rivets). Shape the steel as a "Z. Bend the front of the Z to fit the to the release and bend the secong leg of the Z Horizontal to the first. Drill both the relaese and the extended release. Drill and tap (or use pop rivets). Enjoy.

I'm making these now and selling them for $25 each. They come painted black with ceramic enamel. The buyer will have to drill and tap their own mag catch, or be able to Tig weld it in place. You can also use pop rivets a lot easier, as mentioned above. You can get a tap and matching thread machine screws from any hardware store. You want the small button head screws and they should be screwed in from the rear so as not to interfere with the mags when changing.

I have no problem shipping them to the UK or anywhere else as long as there are no restrictions on that in the buyer's location.

post-1293-1223911478_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1223911519_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1223911529_thumb.jpg

Cobra,

Those are very cool!

I've heard of problems with the extended mag catch causing the mag to drop out when firing due to the extra weight on the catch. Is this a problem you've run into?

Also, could this thing be JB welded instead of tapped/screwed?

Thanks,

Jake

I have one of Cobras extended mag releases, and they are really sweet. Have not had any problems with the mag releasing by itself in 20 rd drum dumps, although to be fair that has been using only bird shot so far.

Its really handy to be able to just point a finger and release the mag.

OMG Jake! Don't mention the taboo "JB" method..lol!

Yes I believe it would work just fine but after me AKS-12 tutorial I have had to listen to so much shit from people who just can't think practically and have to have things either electrically welded, or bolted together, I try not to mention epoxies and guns together.

That said though, what would happen if it came loose because the person who used it didn't know wtf they were doing and didn't prepare the surface? Well...it would fall off, that's all. Maybe even cost them a match if they were competing when and if it happened. Those people need to be damn sure by drilling and tapping....or riveting.

Also forgot to add that I can make them custom for lefties like I did for Waltham41. No extra charge.

Some take the word weld in the product name, way to seriously. JBW is not designed or intended to join two pieces of metal together. It has very little shear strength. It is designed for filling cracks and holes, period.

Edited by 7.62x39

Cobra !!! quit messing around on the board and get back to work on those LRBHO thingies, :eek: Christmas is commin and I need a modification fix soon bro :cryss:

Juuussst kiddin dude :rolleyes: it aint like you ain't got an entire community of Saigamaniacs with bagfulls of :dollar: just waitin to put your kids through Harvard.

BTW you still thinkin bout a bolt release lever to go along with the LRBHO ??

Edited by gmorgan
Cobra !!! quit messing around on the board and get back to work on those LRBHO thingies, :eek: Christmas is commin and I need a modification fix soon bro :cryss:

Juuussst kiddin dude :rolleyes: it aint like you ain't got an entire community of Saigamaniacs with bagfulls of :dollar: just waitin to put your kids through Harvard.

BTW you still thinkin bout a bolt release lever to go along with the LRBHO ??

That is the truth!

In addition to myself, I've met two other people at the range who brought it up 'out of the blue' without even mentioning this forum....something to the effect of "man I wish Cobra would hurry up with that LRBHO, this shotgun would be perfect!".

I'm not trying to harass you but there is a LOT of pent-up demand for it.

Does anyone know anywhere that sells the extended mag release and ships to the UK?

Many thanks, Charlie

Hello from Alaska charlie the one they sell for 25 on site looks ok and just to make it racey buy a over size mag button round or square from brownnells and pop rivit the unit on with two of the smallist rivits you can find stailess prefered and if you like add the ar-15 oversize mag button

I hear y'all man. I'm on it. Would it help if I posted a video of mine just to tease y'all some more till they get closer to actually being MFG'd? :unsure:

Absolute dream situation:

Drum

Drum-compatible Magwell

Magwell+Drum-compatible LRBHO

Everything-compatible Bolt Release Lever

The first one is already here and the last one is not really a biggie to me, but the middle two would be awesome, to say the very least.

Edited by Monk