Poll: Have you tried an Ultimak rail on your Saiga rifle?

Had the gas tube rail on my 7.62x39...for a couple of hours. Realized I'd have to modify the OEM handguard if I wanted to use it, so took a few minutes to see if I really wanted to mount anything up there before hacking up the handguard.

Turns out, I didn't. The Burris EER scope I have didn't have enough eye relief to work; the Leupold pistol scope had too much. I'm not big on red dots, as I often leave switches on and run down batteries. So, off came the Ultimak. It's still sitting in its box.

Wasn't about to buy the Ultimak lower handguard. It looks nice, but Boomsick's right. I'd have as much in Ultimak rails as I have in the rifle itself. That doesn't seem right.

Had the gas tube rail on my 7.62x39...for a couple of hours. Realized I'd have to modify the OEM handguard if I wanted to use it, so took a few minutes to see if I really wanted to mount anything up there before hacking up the handguard.

Turns out, I didn't. The Burris EER scope I have didn't have enough eye relief to work; the Leupold pistol scope had too much. I'm not big on red dots, as I often leave switches on and run down batteries. So, off came the Ultimak. It's still sitting in its box.

Wasn't about to buy the Ultimak lower handguard. It looks nice, but Boomsick's right. I'd have as much in Ultimak rails as I have in the rifle itself. That doesn't seem right.

Leaving switches on isn't really an argument against red dots. That switch creates illumination which is more than very valuable

In low light situations and leaving them on is a non issue with optics like the t1/h1 which last more than five years on full brightness

Edited by hutchsaiga