Shot a decent 4x4 Muley w/the .375 Saiga (pic)

Just got back last week from a 7 day hunt in southern Wyoming. Ended up seeing decent bucks every day out, but this one was the best. 4 per side, 20" wide, 16" high, dressed out at 185lb. Shot at about 225 yards going nearly straight away, dropped on the spot.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

PIC00019-1.jpg

Ok I know where I'm going to retire!

You say that until you spend a few winters up there,lol

Cold as hell,wind blows 70mph all day long,growing season is really short,land with water costs a ton of money and any goods and services you might want are an hour away most of the time.

I moved up there after taking a few trips when the weather was decent but quickly found that the sparse population is due to the unbearable conditions present for 6 months out of the year.

I don't mean to be the "Dream Killer" but you better be pretty acclimated to -30 temperatures and have some big $$$ if you want to live decently in that territory.

Nice work Tony!!

I swear that lake looks like one up on the Beartooth HWY in Northwestern Wyoming out of Cooke City. Big Country! I lived in Billings for 10 years and would spend weekends up there. I didn't need to see this as I sit in Minneapolis.

Good shot, what sighting system do you have on the Saiga? And what .375 cal is it? based on 30-30?

This is the type of press modern rifles need not the Rambo cowboys (sorry to all cowboys) we see on You Tube!

Thanks,

Frosty

To quote the poet:

I'm not a dirty hippie, I'm not a hairy cowboy, I'm a well groomed mountain man.

You say that until you spend a few winters up there,lol

Cold as hell,wind blows 70mph all day long,growing season is really short,land with water costs a ton of money and any goods and services you might want are an hour away most of the time.

I moved up there after taking a few trips when the weather was decent but quickly found that the sparse population is due to the unbearable conditions present for 6 months out of the year.

I don't mean to be the "Dream Killer" but you better be pretty acclimated to -30 temperatures and have some big $$$ if you want to live decently in that territory.

Nice work Tony!!

Come spend a summer in Louisiana!

Yeah, the terrain is much nicer then anything here in Oklahoma.

PIC00031.jpg

Doesn't take much to be nicer than Oklahoma lol :haha:

I love Wyoming, though it depends on where you're at. A lot of it is flat and boring like the pan handle in Oklahoma, but then you get places up by Cody or Jackson Hole and the boring drive to get there is instantly worth it.

Another great place is the Black Hills in South Dakota up by Rapid City,Deadwood and Sturgis, yet another state that suffers from boring flat then HOLY SHIT AWESOME.

Lots of great hunting there as well.