It boils down to how much money you want to spend, how long you are willing to wait, and how confident you are in your ability to do the conversion yourself. Red Jacket does great conversions. However, their excellent work isn't free, so you will pay substantially more than you would if you did the work yourself. Also, they are busy, so you may have to wait awhile (check with Will at Red Jacket).

A basic .308 PG conversion is VERY easy. Dinzag can set you up with what you would need. I especially recommend his .308 PG conversion FCG. If you want a more heavily modified Saiga, and are not particularly handy, then Red Jacket or another reputable shop that is known for doing good Saiga conversions would probably be your best option.

When I got on the list back on May 4th for an S-12 conversion Stephanie told me 16 to 22 weeks. I talked to her a couple of weeks ago and she said they were just waiting for the barrel to come back and it would be ready to ship. She did say the hurricane but them behind a couple of weeks. Stephanie is very knowledgeable and has always been very kind when I have called to ask questions. :super:

haha. I mean I might as well.

Red jacket uses dinZag parts anyway so...

And I am sure any gunsmith can install the left side folding stock I want.. right? The rivet holes line up right?

But do i want to go Wood or synthetic.. is there anyway to get a synthetic RPK buttstock? and what of folder style?

No, YOU can install the side folder!!!

haha. I mean I might as well.

Red jacket uses dinZag parts anyway so...

And I am sure any gunsmith can install the left side folding stock I want.. right? The rivet holes line up right?

But do i want to go Wood or synthetic.. is there anyway to get a synthetic RPK buttstock? and what of folder style?

No, YOU can install the side folder!!!

really?

I don't wanna mess up cutting my receiver for it.

so this would work? how does it attach and such...

http://riflestocks.com/catalog/product_inf...products_id=345

THe push button folding stock hinge attaches to either of the two blocks I mentioned in my post above.

Any ACE stock (or compaible [ like Tromix]) then fits on the backside of the hinge.

Yeah. I need to get a gun first. That will take time. my state has a 1 gun a month law.

Wow, 16-22 weeks. A short time back it was 6 weeks. He must be really busy. Cardboardbox, you need to move. That sucks major. Well, no worry all states will soon be one or NO guns a month.

If you've seen any of the pics I've posted lately then you'd see how busy his shop is!