.308 5 Round Mags or Conversion Instructions?

Hi Guys,

I know that the subject of magazines has been beat to death, but most of these discussions are about increasing the capacity of the magazines.

I need to either find some 5 round magazines or the instructions on how to block the factory 8 round magazines so I can legally use my Siaga to hunt with in Florida.

I have put dowels in the magazine, but this sucks. The last round's brass does not eject because the bolt hangs on the wooden dowel. :angry:

Any information that you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Chuck Manetta

I put them above the follower and between the brass cartriges.

Inside the magazine, the bottom plate for the spring has a protrusion that sicks up into the spring, so putting them there is out of the question. Are you suggesting that I put the dowels between this bottom spring plate (for the lack of knowege of the correct term) and the plastic slide? If so, the locking notch of the "Bottom spring plate" will not lock the plastic slide into place.

Am I an idiot or what? :cryss:

Inside the magazine, the bottom plate for the spring has a protrusion that sicks up into the spring, so putting them there is out of the question.

I'd recommend finding a tube (like PVC for example) that you can slip over the protrusion indicated.

With the spring removed, you should be able to trim th "tube" on the protrusion untill it allows only 5 rounds to fit (DON'T do this so the last round BARELY fits -allow about 1/2 the diameter of the cartridge further space, or, it'll jam on the last round).

That should work.

Lollygagger :unsure:

Lollygagger,

Thanks for your reply. I will try your suggestion if I can find something like a PVC tube. The problem is that this protrusion is not round and there is not much clearance between it and the spring.

Maybe I can locate a piece of heat shrink that I can fit over the protrusion and shape it loosely over it? I only wonder if this will cause the follower to wobble?

I have thought about taking my drummel tool and cutting this protrusion down where I could hand make a block of wood with a slot for a smaller protrusion in it and try that. The only thing is with the shortage of magazines, I don't want to screw up my only two magazines.

Also, I really don't want to "reinvent the wheel" if someone else has already solved this problem.

Thanks Again!