I was talking to the largest chain firearms dealer in my area today. They are currently selling at least 1 AR, GSG-5, then some other random guns A DAY. And have been since early summer. When I was in there today picking up an SLP the place was packed and phone ringing off the hook.

"Gun sales doing well right now right?"

"Not just well, phenominal."

"What's selling?"

"Anything tactical more or less. Black, large magazines, ugly, evil, and so on.."

If Obama made a pact with gun makers to just act like an Brady Bunch Nut for .02% of sales he'd be filth(ier) rich. I am still convinced part of the import ban was to help American gun makers and completely fuck Europe--forcing them to establish a home base here or contract out their plans (see JLD).

You may now remove the beer bottle from your door knob.

I'm sorry, but I just don'i think he's pretending. He has voted against weapons many times when he was a state senator. His current stand on the second amendment is actually toned down from where he once was. They must figure that he can retain some pro RTBA voters if he toned down some of the rhetoric.

Worst case scenario, he wins. I think the first year firearms issues wont be touched. Assault weapons sure, even Bush said he'd sign on that. There is only so much time and resources, even for rum-running family money liberals. Much more pressing issues at hand like the ball-kicked schoolground nerdy kid that is our economy.

On a serious note. Voting record is everything though. And with a damn near 98% voting inline with his party, many liberties are going to be on the chopping block (I was going to say under fire before I realised that usage doesn't work). Huge suck. PacNW state constitutions (MT, ID and WA) all have firearm ownership as part of it. Seattle's numb nut mayor just tried to ban handguns (with CWP even) on all city property before the AG said nay. I hope our States are ready to defend themselves from federal mandates.