.308 list. Help me out guys.

Okay, so I have been talking to a smith that will not only give/let me buy a converted Saiga .308 but will do other work as well. Lemme know if I missed anything.

Also, what type of finish do they generally come in? is it durable or should i get i parked?

Currently here is what I have on the list.

Convert Saiga rifle to Ak Stock and pistol grip configuration

AK-100 series left side folding stock

Barrel threading for SVD style break.

Safety lever bolt lock cut out.

anything else I could have done?

currently all that will cost $1200 because of the expensive Ak-100 folder stock. Do you think an under folder would be better?

Edited by CardBoardBoxProcessor

Most of the time, they put that cut out in the safety lever to hold the bolt open, not closed.

I have no idea what a park job goes for, but I would hope it is in line with other finishes.

Only other thing you might want to add to your list is what type of sights do you want?

Factory AK or something different?

Wow, $1200 clams for a 308!!!

I'm feeling pretty lucky to have found a used one un fired for $325 from a private party. But all I wanted was an unregistered semi auto that would work no matter what. I'm not going to do much in the way of mods to this one, all it needs to do to trip my trigger is go boom boom boom boom boom boom every time I pull the trigger. But I'm not disin what your doing to yours either. This is still the land of the free and home of the brave, at least untill the election is over. I like reading about what others are doing to their guns, keep the info comming.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...