I'm new here and just finished my first Saiga 7.62 conversion. I want to put a foregrip with a mount or two. I pre ordered one that is still in the works. Has anybody seen, bought,or used these?????? It keeps the gun simple, enough rail space, and lookds durable. I will be purchacing this from Glberts Gun.. Any dirt on this guy??Is he up and up??? Thanks to anyone for their help. Great site Admins. Well run.. Thanks inadvance JIM

post-13220-1224554714.jpg

I'm new here and just finished my first Saiga 7.62 conversion. I want to put a foregrip with a mount or two. I pre ordered one that is still in the works. Has anybody seen, bought,or used these?????? It keeps the gun simple, enough rail space, and lookds durable. I will be purchacing this from Glberts Gun.. Any dirt on this guy??Is he up and up??? Thanks to anyone for their help. Great site Admins. Well run.. Thanks inadvance JIM

After reading this forum my opnion of this great looking black gun may be changing. I may get this rail for future use but I might just leave it alone and just get a Saiga 30 mag, keep it clean, and shoot the shit out of it. I just got 1000 rounds and another 1000 ordered. I had a lot of guns since I was 12 but none as fun to shoot as this one. I have a romainian and a bushmaster .223 and they both have been sitting. Thanks to all for the very informative and sometimes funny posts. This truly is a greay stie...

I cannot get Gilberts Guns to come up on this computer! Can someone put a picture here and price?? For a 7.62

Here is the copy from the site

Now Taking Pre-Orders. New SGM Tactical Saiga Tri Rail Forearm For Saiga Rifle. This 1 forearm will fit all 223, 7.62x 39, and 308 unaltered... - $79.95

post-13220-1224807912.jpg

actually guys, a few of us here have them, they looked good on the guns, especially with the ultimak tube replacement, BUT i heard they stopped production and recalled those shipped to shops b/c they are trying to fix a problem with the rails not properly working with quick attach accessories. Thats what i've heard, if you look hard enough here you'll see a couple pics with guys having them on their guns

actually guys, a few of us here have them, they looked good on the guns, especially with the ultimak tube replacement, BUT i heard they stopped production and recalled those shipped to shops b/c they are trying to fix a problem with the rails not properly working with quick attach accessories. Thats what i've heard, if you look hard enough here you'll see a couple pics with guys having them on their guns

Were you guys the testers or suntin?

Here's the thread with the pics you guys are looking for, page 2 has the pics with them on a gun

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=28829

Thanks. Some posts make it seem like I am going to make a mistake if I get one other say it will save the world.. I think I will get one and judge it for myself. Thanks again...

• 2 weeks later...
Here's the thread with the pics you guys are looking for, page 2 has the pics with them on a gun

Thanks. Some posts make it seem like I am going to make a mistake if I get one other say it will save the world.. I think I will get one and judge it for myself. Thanks again...

Good thing this isn't a kidney that I am waiting for..

• 3 weeks later...

Update!!!! The rails have arrived and Gilberts Guns are shipping today and tomorrow. Mine has a tracking # so I know I am getting something. If you have one ordered CALL the guy said he had %90 of orderd credit card decline. He said if your card declines you go to the back of the list. If you preordered one call to make sure it is right.

Update!!!! The rails have arrived and Gilberts Guns are shipping today and tomorrow. Mine has a tracking # so I know I am getting something. If you have one ordered CALL the guy said he had %90 of orderd credit card decline. He said if your card declines you go to the back of the list. If you preordered one call to make sure it is right.

I got it from the UPS guy today and rushed in to try it out. It Fit well, all the rails were great no wiggles anywhere. It semms like a well constructed part.The only thing is that if you are going to put a lot of shit on it, it will make it front heavy, it throws the balance all to hell. Worst comes to worst I can always put the stocker back on.

I got it from the UPS guy today and rushed in to try it out. It Fit well, all the rails were great no wiggles anywhere. It semms like a well constructed part.The only thing is that if you are going to put a lot of shit on it, it will make it front heavy, it throws the balance all to hell. Worst comes to worst I can always put the stocker back on.

pics?

Here they are.. My light and camera phome suck.

pics?

There you go. Tomorrow I will find just the stuff I want and put it on. If I still dont get balance I mix JB weld and .5 lb of splitshot and push it in th back of the stock.

post-13220-1227592505.jpg

post-13220-1227592521.jpg

post-13220-1227592539.jpg

post-13220-1227592550.jpg

pics?

There you go. Tomorrow I will find just the stuff I want and put it on. If I still dont get balance I mix JB weld and .5 lb of splitshot and push it in th back of the stock.

dude, ditch both those lights and get a surefire led. that way you don't have to worry about failure redundancy. plus it'll lighten your load out.

pics?

dude, ditch both those lights and get a surefire led. that way you don't have to worry about failure redundancy. plus it'll lighten your load out.

Funny that is exatly what I did and found a rail sling mount in my box-o-parts. Lightened up a bit. I also ditched the 74 style comp which seemed like a pound.

• 4 weeks later...
That rocks!

what kind of paint did you use?

and how much heavier than the stock forend is your new one?? How much weight does it add?

i used duracoats tactical desert beige durabake paint. just paint it and stick it in the oven for 10 minutes at 300 degrees and let it cool, works great.

ive had this handguard on for almost a week now and i love it. it looks and feels great. it does add weight, but its so worth it.

The rails and bipod look good. One thing tho - when you have your mags stacked like that with one pointing down, you could be in a world of hurt if you have to hit the dirt. I know an AK will still feed and fire with an entire desert in it, but I like to keep mud and dirt out of my mags. You can still stack them for quick changes; just cut a couple of squares of cardboard (wood, metal, ...) to put between the mags so the spacing is right, then tape them together with the lips up on both of them. It's also faster to change mags when you don't have to flip it over.

</thread-hijack>

ive had this handguard on for almost a week now and i love it. it looks and feels great. it does add weight, but its so worth it.

The rails and bipod look good. One thing tho - when you have your mags stacked like that with one pointing down, you could be in a world of hurt if you have to hit the dirt. I know an AK will still feed and fire with an entire desert in it, but I like to keep mud and dirt out of my mags. You can still stack them for quick changes; just cut a couple of squares of cardboard (wood, metal, ...) to put between the mags so the spacing is right, then tape them together with the lips up on both of them. It's also faster to change mags when you don't have to flip it over.

</thread-hijack>

oh, i only did that to get an idea of what a higher capacity mag would look like. i plan on getting a 20 rounder eventually.