newb questions... sight mounts, accessories

maybe someone here has knowledge of this, maybe others will pardon the newb nature of the question and humor me...

I've been considering adding a Saiga-12 to my gun cabinet, mainly for sport shooting, home defense, and occasional hunting. We shoot a lot of wild boar at close range, and the Browning BAR 30.06 is a little overkill. I've got a nice Auto-5, but it's really a bird gun, and I want something shorter and more easily handled in close quarters than the long barrelled Browning for my "get outa my house" weapon.

To the point, I've seen AK/Saiga side mount "quick release" scope mounts for sale with both rings and weaver rails, and am intrigued by the posibility of multiple uses for the gun. One with a conventional red-dot or Aimpoint scope for daytime, and another with a nifty Osprey night vision rifle scope I've been eyeing. My concern is with whether or not these "quick release" mounts will even come close to reattaching in a manner where you could keep any kind of zero, at least as much as you'd need to be accurate at 30-40 yds. There'd be no point to the entire exersize if I had to re-zero the scopes each tme I changed them. Has anyone got any opinions/info/experience with this?

Also, I like the elevated front sight in the e-catalog, but I see all of that stuff is out of stock. Any idea of when more is expected in? If I go ahead and buy some accessories, I'll be forced to go out and buy a gun to use them on.... :rolleyes:

TIA, and happy hunting..

Floyd

yup the side rails rezero nicely. i have a cheap AK as well as a couple others that all have side rails, and with the exception of the cheapo AK, (its an SAR1), my scopes all retain true zero on all the weapons with siderails. the cheapo is undertandable why it isnt exactly zeroed like the rest, but its close enough to blast the hell out of stuff out to 100 yards or so. the side rail i think is one of the best standard rails systems there are i think.