Well I guess this the best section to post a thread like this. Certainly not in "funny stuff".

Here's a nontypical 9 pointer from right in my back yard. It's a scan of a polaroid so I hope it comes out ok.

post-8-1105721326.jpg

Sorry you feel that way but you are totally wrong. Obviously not a hunter. Those pics mr jesus posted were nothing more than evidence of he and his friends living out there sick twisted fantasies. Ammo for antigunners, PETA dumbasses, and anti hunting activists. A picture of a deer taken legally for food is not the same as pictures of a dead armadillo with his ass blown to bits for sheer pleasure. Would you rather see a picture of a deer who starved to death because of overpopulation or was hit by a truck? If you get offended by pics of dead game animals then why the hell do you click on links to hunting pics anyway? What do you expect to see, pics of someone loading a mag or sitting in a duck blind? Grow up. People have hunted animals for food, shelter, and clothing since the time when they had to make their own weapons out of sticks, bone and stone. There is no such thing as catch and release in hunting. If you don't like it then keep buying all your meat at Food Lion and don't get involved with conversations about hunting so you can spew your negative vibes. And please never again compair me with that stupid fuckin shit for brains who calls himself jesus. :haha:

nice shooting Cobra!

prophageus we are predators to. Reminds me of something my Grandfather once told me "you never appreciate a meal until you have to go out and kill it yourself"

and after all those deer had alot better opportunity to be alive then cows do and im sure you eat beef?

After the hunt pics are a great way to show the world what great looking animals they were, before the meal. I'd do it myself if I could get something worth showing off. And yes, there is a differnce between just dead animal pics and after the hunt pics.

Dead animal pics are dead animal pics.. just cause you focus on the antlers and not the trail of guts in the pic doesn't make it more appropriate than the ones posted in the other section.. bah.

And, NO, I'm not an animal rights activist.

what are you smoking???

the pictures in the other thread shoed a kid who seemed to enjoy slaughtering animals for fun - that's not hunting.

the pictures poisted in this thead ARE hunting pictures.

Wanted to say: nice deer Cobra, hope they feed you (and your family?) well.

Hunting is definately a sport for most people. It takes skill to track, stalk, stay hidden, know the behavior of the animals you hunt, and know how to take them down cleanly. Incidentally, I don't care so much about whether the deer suffers or not, just that I would not have to track it further before bringing it home... or so that something bigger than me doesn't find my wounded deer and take it before I do. Besides, if the shot isn't relatively "clean" then you might ruin a lot of otherwise useful meat. That doesn't serve anyone. In this case, killing a deer (or whatever) is something to be proud of, and I fully support people who take pictures of themselves with their prey. It's just tradition.

Now hunting for survival on the other hand.... thats a different story. If I were absolutely dependant on hunting to get food, I would use any dirty trick I could think of... One of my personal favorites, as told by a poor man who poached deer to keep his family alive (during some of the worst winter weather in the history of his home state) involved hunting at night with a flashlight and a 22lr pistol. He would stalk up to a deer, then turn on his flashlight. The deer would stop whatever it was doing and look at the light, seemingly paralyzed. This man would then take the deer with a single head shot. Not sporting at all, but it was the most practical way he had to do what he had to do.

Note: after hearing this, I pondered the utility of a tactical light mounted to the front of a shotgun to be used for deer hunting. It's so wrong, but it was funny to think about. Who knows? If times got desperate enough.... maybe. But until that day it will remain a somewhat funny picture in the back of my mind, and an interesting story to tell.

Edited by Tokageko

Yeah my bust, I left the AK up at the house when I went to get the camera and cleaning tools. OOPS that would have been a good one to send to the gungrabbers huh. ;-)

Next time I want it to be the new Saiga 410!

I was out with the Saiga .410 today Rabbit hunting... got off one hurried shot.. missed.. as I fumbled with the safety.... which brings me to my ultimate question here... I may also repost it in its own separate thread...

Anyone else out there that HUNTS with a saiga find the safety isnt quite as CONVENIENT as a "standard" sporting rifle/shotgun safety placement?

AND.... then to the NEXT POINT...

Has anyone ever thought of MODIFYING the SAFETY TAB from an AK style, to one that you would slide/rotate up and forward with the thumb, ( rotating the safety inside the receiver, exactly as its supposed to be moved with the stock arm on it...) Which may make the safety a LITTLE BIT more "user friendly" while hunting, and when you "all of a sudden " need to shoulder and shoot at a moving target with virtually ZERO time to aquire sight picture?

I am thinking of maybe attaching/welding a thumb tab to the REAR of the safety arm, that would be pushed forward with the thumb, and cause it to rotate downwards as the arm would be normally, thru its normal engage-fire motion....

Any comments on this one?????

Go to almost any site that has AK parts, you should be able to find a picture of an extended saefty lever. The one I like the best has a tab sticking out (away from the receiver) from the bottom edge of the saftey lever. It is meant to be operated with the index finger of the firing hand. Unfortunately the specifics of where to go or how much they are escapes me. I believe red star arms has a few different types. I think Krebs has one also. I am positive that Brownells has one, but their prices seem to generally be a bit high. Hope this helps.

Way to go! Nice ones. No matter what you take em with they're still good eatin'! You guys up in N.Y. have got some big ones to choose from. My buddy hunts up near Buffalo every year and he says it's loaded.

Normally I would have to agree with you.... THIS YEAR however was *THE SLOWEST* game taking year all the way across the books, from whitetail, to turkey, and everything in between... 2004 was THE WORST year for sportsmen in NY state in the past 50 years! if not LONGER!!! It was a VERY DRY YEAR for us hunters... no one seems to know why... the deer just WERENT out there...

Last year I had that buck I pictured, and 2 doe by the morning of the SECOND day of hunting season.

THIS YEAR, I had the potential to fill 7 tags I got *ONE* and THAT one was a doe my buddy shot and gave me, so he could keep HIS doe tags open.

The people I know that normally have 2 or 3 within the first two days, barely filled their tags by the end of the season... it was TOUGH... warmer weather, lots of standing corn, no hardship on the animals, I think is the MAIN cause... the deer could bed down in the corn lots... no need to move... all the food they want, and no hunters in them... nothing to worry about... then after dark, ya move to go get a drink, or whatever you need to do.. safe and sound...

hopefully 2005 will be better...

Wow that's the same story my buddy told me. He saw about a dozen on the move the morn of opening day but they were too far away to get a good shot then that evening a huge doe (about 175 lb) came running up out of breath with her tongue hanging out and stopped to rest right under his stand. He got that one and said it was the only deer seen the rest of the week between Him, his Mom, Dad , and Sister. They hunt around Cuba or something up in Alegheny county and they usually each get at least one. Better luck next season.

Edited by Cobra 76 two