Bayonet-lug for Saiga-12?

Hello, everyone.

I recently exchanged a couple of shotguns for a Saiga-12. I'm very pleased with the shotgun, but I'm also about to convert it. What I'd like to include on it in addition to the usual is a bayonet-lug to fix a bayonet. Does anyone have any suggestions for the type of bayonet? I'm aware that the lug will have to be welded to the barrel. Does anyone who has experience with this know what problems to expect?

Thanks

I have also given this some thought, and the welds on the barrel just doesn't seem practical for a number of reasons, mainly. I don't know if the barrel thickness could support a constant beating without deformation or cracking.

I clamp on system, much like an oversized scope ring was my thought, using an AR-15 type stud, as its a fairly common mount in use in this country.

Of course, the bayonet would need to have the barrel socket cut off, and a larger one attached, unless you made the mount an all in one unit, including a stud for the bayonet, under the barrel.

The advantage in that, is that you could also use it to mount a laser or light, using a standard AR 15 bayonet lug to rail adapter.

Yeah, it could be made, but, how many people really want one?

M7 bayonet works if you slightly file down the barrel hole.I silver soldered (1200deg) a lug i cut off a AR15 front site base..no problems,but i havent stuck anybody with it :devil: Yet

100_1108-1.jpg

Any close ups of the mount? Looks really bad ass from the pic, bad ass enough for this to be my 1st post! haha

Wasn't there an identical thread to this just posted last week?

I know I posted in it saying I would get some pics up soon and then got too busy after taking them.

I'll find a few and put them up....meanwhile, what happened to the other thread? :unsure: