Out of curosity which are the best mags to use with the Saiga? (I know I need to add a bullet guide to use the std ak mags.) I have not converted yet but when I do which ones should I get? Also, has anyone tried the Tapco ones? Lastly, are there any 5 or 10 rounders of forgien manufacture that can be had for cheap?

I think (don't quote me, If anyone else knows the brand, let us know) these are the same magazines (Pro-Mag) that I saw on a youtube video of some guys giving it the tire roll over test. First they ran over metal magazines with the truck tire, and squashed them. They ran over the black plastic ones, and it did nothing to them. They fed them back into the ak, and they worked fine. Price ain't that bad, either.

Home | AimSurplus Catalog > Magazines AK Rifle Magazines Pro-Mag AK47 30rd Polymer Smoke 7.62x39 Magazine

Mag-ProAKA4 Pro-Mag AK47 30rd Polymer Smoke Magazine

Item#Mag-ProAKA4

Brand New High Quality 30rd 7.62x39 Polymer magazines for AK47 type Rifles, Now in a Clear Smoke Color! Want to know how many rounds you have left in the mag? Just take a look. Manufactured in the US by Pro-Mag, with a Lifetime guarantee.

Not for sale in CA,MA,MD,NJ,& NY.

Price each: $14.95

Price each: (5 or more) $12.95

Quantity:

I've had good results with Pro Mag magazines. The AK mags I have work in the Saiga and Yugo and in my friend's Chicom AK, they work flawlessly. You may want to hand cycle them with ammo to smooth them out if you have doubts. I read about a lot of people saying they are shitty mags but they work for me and I have used them in other non Saiga/AK products and trust them.

Now that someone had some good report with the Pro-Mags, I just remembered that the first four magazines I bought for the Wasr I have, I used two of them to run around 800 rounds through them, and not one single jam. I gave it to my ole lady, and I got my two Saigas.

Still impressed as hell by the tire test video, though.

"get some steel commie mags, and be done with it"

Not to sound dumb but are all commie mags good or are there any I should avoid?

I've never heard of any bad steel combloc mags. Personally, I went with East German 30 rounders. I still plan on getting some Hungarian 20 rounders too.

Out of curosity which are the best mags to use with the Saiga? (I know I need to add a bullet guide to use the std ak mags.) I have not converted yet but when I do which ones should I get? Also, has anyone tried the Tapco ones? Lastly, are there any 5 or 10 rounders of forgien manufacture that can be had for cheap?

Thermold mags work great.

+1 on the Master Molders. I got 2 of em for about $25(including S&H) from cheaperthandirt.com. Also you don't need to modify your gun to accept theses mags. Just file down the magazine (make sure your 922r compliant though-don't just slap a 30rounder in there). I have never had a problem with them, and if I do, hell they are only like $12 a piece. They are not the prettiest mags, though, with that being the only downfall.

Master Molder mags

i got plastic and metal surefire mags, both work great for me, the plastic mags are a very tight fit with no wobble at all. I'm probably gonna pick up some MM or promags and see how they work b/c of the low prices

EDIT: i dunno if regular promag AK mags will work with a no guide saiga, but they do have saiga specific ones

Edited by Vultite

Yes the Master Molder are great for 7.62X39 but none for .223! I love the slap the commie mag in when all I hear is 922r.

Does everyone have enough US parts to just slap in commie mags? And if you add in US followers and floor plates then what is the cost of the mag?

This makes a better case for Surefire and Promag.

Do the commie mags have a lifetime warranty?

I wonder how many photos of converted Saiga's are not 922r just because of the mag they slapped in? I'll be alot.

Not to ruin anyones fun!

Edited by Fluid Power
I love the slap the commie mag in when all I hear is 922r. I have no idea what you're trying to say here. Have you been drinking? :D

Does everyone have enough US parts to just slap in commie mags? And if you add in US followers and floor plates then what is the cost of the mag? For me, I switched out the FCG and stock for US made. I can use any foreign mag, regardless of capacity. I paid about $12 for each East German 30 rounder. No need for swapping followers and floorplates.

This makes a better case for Surefire and Promag. Huh?

Do the commie mags have a lifetime warranty? They don't need them.

I wonder how many photos of converted Saiga's are not 922r just because of the mag they slapped in? I'll be alot.

Not to ruin anyones fun!

I love the slap the commie mag in when all I hear is 922r. I have no idea what you're trying to say here. Have you been drinking? :DYes, Yes I have been drinking. With rushing to buy mags, my wife on me for it and this damn election I get very thirsty! :cryss:Also playing online to much COD on multi-player. (Saiga 7.62X39 or sometimes Saiga .223) :eek:

Does everyone have enough US parts to just slap in commie mags? And if you add in US followers and floor plates then what is the cost of the mag? For me, I switched out the FCG and stock for US made. I can use any foreign mag, regardless of capacity. I paid about $12 for each East German 30 rounder. No need for swapping followers and floorplates. I'm just saying a lot of members use the 3 - 922R's in the mag to secure compliance.

This makes a better case for Surefire and Promag. Huh? Helps with compliance at's all.

Do the commie mags have a lifetime warranty? They don't need them. I agree with your point for sure!

I wonder how many photos of converted Saiga's are not 922r just because of the mag they slapped in? I'll be alot. It's just a word of caution.

Not to ruin anyones fun!

I love the slap the commie mag in when all I hear is 922r. I have no idea what you're trying to say here. Have you been drinking? :DYes, Yes I have been drinking. With rushing to buy mags, my wife on me for it and this damn election I get very thirsty! :cryss:Also playing online to much COD on multi-player. (Saiga 7.62X39 or sometimes Saiga .223) :eek:

Does everyone have enough US parts to just slap in commie mags? And if you add in US followers and floor plates then what is the cost of the mag? For me, I switched out the FCG and stock for US made. I can use any foreign mag, regardless of capacity. I paid about $12 for each East German 30 rounder. No need for swapping followers and floorplates. I'm just saying a lot of members use the 3 - 922R's in the mag to secure compliance.

This makes a better case for Surefire and Promag. Huh? Helps with compliance at's all.

Do the commie mags have a lifetime warranty? They don't need them. I agree with your point for sure!

I wonder how many photos of converted Saiga's are not 922r just because of the mag they slapped in? I'll be alot. It's just a word of caution.

Not to ruin anyones fun!

Does anybody know of any 5 rounders? In Oklahoma you have to have 7 rounds or less to use it for hunting.

Does anybody know of any 5 rounders? In Oklahoma you have to have 7 rounds or less to use it for hunting.

K-VAR has 5 round mags right here.

Thanks much. Looks like some deer may fall to the 7.62x39 this year after all!

Just so ya know, you're still going to need a bullet guide and to file the mag catch a little bit. I don't know if your Saiga already has these done to it, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

Now that someone had some good report with the Pro-Mags, I just remembered that the first four magazines I bought for the Wasr I have, I used two of them to run around 800 rounds through them, and not one single jam. I gave it to my ole lady, and I got my two Saigas.

Still impressed as hell by the tire test video, though.

Are you sure that they were Promags?

The videos like that I've seen were Magpul PMags, not Promags (PMags are much better magazines than Promags, but only made for AR's - at least so far).

The videos like that I've seen were Magpul PMags, not Promags (PMags are much better magazines than Promags, but only made for AR's - at least so far).

People have been asking Magpul to spit out some AK Pmags for some time now. As long as a ban isn't implemented (crosses fingers), I'm sure they will produce them. Not that I would be able to buy them, but I'm sure they would sell like hot-cakes.

Magpul can't seem to keep the AR mags in stock. I doubt they will be adding AK mags anytime soon. They already declined to make Mini 14 mags, despite a bunch of requests.

That's 'cause Mini 14's suck. :haha: I keed, I keed.

Seriously though, I think the AK has a bigger following than the Mini 14. If Magpul had the time, and decided to make AK mags, I'm sure they would make shit-tons of money.

Yes the Master Molder are great for 7.62X39 but none for .223! I love the slap the commie mag in when all I hear is 922r.

Does everyone have enough US parts to just slap in commie mags? And if you add in US followers and floor plates then what is the cost of the mag?

This makes a better case for Surefire and Promag.

Do the commie mags have a lifetime warranty?

Not to ruin anyones fun!

My standard saiga's are at least:

US FCG

US Buttstock

US PG

US muzzle

6 parts

Since you have to replace those parts anyway. I guess it would apply to all those non-converted guns :haha: with hi-caps