Jamming Problems

I have jamming problems with the original Izhmash 10 round mag.Looks like it won't extract properly, the empty shell stays vertical to the bolt, ant won't let it return and load another round.Happens with all shells, slugs or other, every brand, even with the Barnaul ones.With any gas tube selection.Never happens with the factory 4 round mags.Any ideas?

Hmmm...stovepiping. Interesting how it only happens with the ten rdr. Do you have more than one to try in it? Mine's always had intermittent feeding problems with the steel hulls in the tens but not with plastic hulls usually. I found out after studying Aethelbert's 410 closely that my feeding problems have been caused by an idiot with a dremel who used to own it before me... :cryss:

More than one ter rounders? I have two but I lost one somewhere in the wherehouse BUT it has to have the problem with both cause this was the first time I used this one I had it stored since new I was always using the same.BTW I am the first owner of the weapon.

We had problems last week also. The wife had not had her S=.410 out for a while. It was jamming with the 10 rd Russian mags and steel hulls - for the first time ever. When I cleaned it there was a bunch of shot wad shavings in the gas system. Won't have a chance to test it for a while, so Momma is using the AK for HD.

The slug functionality of my factory ten rounders has seemed to improve with age. I have one that is well used that does not fail. Just used a new one this weekend for the first time, and it failed twice. Does yours fail every round, or occasionally?

I was amazed the first time I cleaned my .410 gas system. There was so much debris it was amazing the gun still functioned at all. I know that it had to be affecting performance somewhat.

I've got a long barreled .410 and a short barrel

The long one never seems to have any troubles but the short one gets quite a few stove pipes.

Took my 20 out the other day and it stuck every shot on either setting,took the puck out and found it was way too tight in the tube so have to take it down a bit to fit looser.

That may be the problem on the .410s from what I've seen.

Will have to have the gun in front of me to see any loading differnces between the 4 and the 10 rounders.I come to contact with my guns every weekend as they're stored in my other house.I will clean it good, and try to see any differences with the Barnaul rounds.I will come up with conclusions.Good to see some activity in this forum thanks.My gun is a long barreled, the one pictured in my avatar.