MD drum mag in

Ok I have a Molot Vepr 12 and I'd like to know if the MD drum mag will do the job.I've heard that the S12 mags will work with it but never had the luck to test it myself.The Vepr 12 has something like a skirt for easy mag insertion, and with a quick look it seems that the drum mag will not get there.This skirt is removable and stays in place with a screw or to so it won't be a problem removing it.I have here a picture from my other post.Take a look please.

p1020363rg2.jpg

It won't work even if you remove the "skirt". The receiver has to be modified to install the skirt and that modification takes away the front locking area for the standard mags. There's no way to hook the front lug of the mag in place.

Additionally, to use the standard S-12 mags w get over here, you have to grind down the front lug so it will go into the magwell.

Ok when I'll go back home at weekend I'll try to loose the skirt and have closeups of the mags to see what we have here.And you can post the mags you have to compare.

Dunno if Mike can ship to Greece, but it is legal to have them here.I always hope that a member can be a middle man and re-ship them to me.

He can, it is just a crap ton of paper work and fees. Nope i do not think it will sit in far enough with the magwell aka skirt. you need to file parts off any saiga12 mag to get them to fit a magwell mod. Once you take the magwell off, they will not hold in place with the filing work done. I do not even know if the Veper12 has the front mag catch in it for the Rock and Lock mags. I found a new sight that makes drums, they are based in the Czech Republic and cost a lot but i know they will ship anywhere. Worth looking in to, if you cant get a nice cheap American MD20. Here is the link. http://www.maxrounds.com/

No one doing any thing wrong here :blush:

If the drum body will make it over other parts will be a piece of pie. Maybe a dry run if I can get an extra body to send you first from Mike.

Or.....

post-9601-1225251489_thumb.jpg

Man that gun looks so good I wish we could get them <_<

Edited by madmax4x4

I must say I thank you so much for your interest and the will to help! :wub:

To our point.First of all I must find out if the MD mag will work with Vepr 12 even with light mods.If this happens then we come to your help.BTW it will be easy to pass through our customs because noone in Greece knows what this will be.It can me marked as car parts or anything, but I doupt they will recognize it even if you mark it as drum mag.As I said, it is LEGAL to own it for sporting purposes.If everything else isn't enough, it can be shipped for the gun club I'm in.

About you can't have the Vepr 12 madmax4x4 I'm so sorry, but I can guarantee as many rounds as you like with mine if you pass from Greece for summer vacations :killer:

Edited by Phattonic