CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) - Shawn Turschak of Chapel Hill was tired of someone stealing McCain-Palin campaign signs from his yard. Turschak, with a degree in electrical engineering, hooked up a third sign to a power source for an electric pet fence Monday and also put up a surveillance camera.

The News & Observer of Raleigh reported that a 9-year-old boy with an Obama-Biden sign grabbed the McCain-Palin sign and got a jolt on Tuesday.

The boy's father, Andrew Noble, upset that his son had been shocked, showed up at Turschak's door. Soon an Orange County sheriff's deputy also showed up at the Turschak's home.

Noble said his son just wanted to see how the sign was put together. Turschak said the boy intended to swap out the signs.

Sheriff Lindy Pendergrass said he doesn't plan to file charges.

"Noble said his son just wanted to see how the sign was put together."

BULLLLL SHITTTT! Why did he have the other sign in his hand? I'm surprised, and happy, that the homeowner is not facing charges. Leave people's shit alone!

Edited by bigj480
i do believe that counts as boobie trapping, which is very VERY illegal, but in this case funny, low volt/amp shock really isn't more then a theft deturrent, good thing the kid didn't die tho.....
C'mon Vultite, the homeowner was obviously preparing for the neighborhood dogs urinating on his signs.

If the kid hadn't been doing what he wasn't supposed to be doing, he'd not have gotten bit.

P.S. Pet fence chargers ain't nothing compared to the ones they use for cattle.

i do believe that counts as boobie trapping, which is very VERY illegal, but in this case funny, low volt/amp shock really isn't more then a theft deturrent, good thing the kid didn't die tho.....
C'mon Vultite, the homeowner was obviously preparing for the neighborhood dogs urinating on his signs.

If the kid hadn't been doing what he wasn't supposed to be doing, he'd not have gotten bit.

P.S. Pet fence chargers ain't nothing compared to the ones they use for cattle.

What in hell makes them think they have the right to be in the guy's yard to begin with! Let alone being entitled to steal property while they're at it?

The ol'man probably should have had his butt kicked for encouraging it also.

I remember the days when you could get shot with rocksalt if caught stealing out of the watermellon patch.

Edited by cscharlie

WTF is with these Obama supporters. I've honestly lost count of how many times I've read about McCain/Palin signs being stolen! Are Obama signs being stolen too, or what? Damn, it's getting ridiculous.

If you decide to walk onto someone's property with the intent to do something wrong, whatever happens is your fault.

"Noble said his son just wanted to see how the sign was put together."

Crock-o-shit. It's a damn campaign sign, what kinda of structural wonder did he think he was going to find in it? :rolleyes:

WTF is with these Obama supporters. I've honestly lost count of how many times I've read about McCain/Palin signs being stolen! Are Obama signs being stolen too, or what? Damn, it's getting ridiculous.

Yes they are, but when a Nobama sign is stolen it is attritubed to racist actions. Seriously.

Yes they are, but when a Nobama sign is stolen it is attritubed to racist actions. Seriously.

oh come on, you know when I steal McW signs I just need them for targets at the gun club, but when Obama signs are stolen it is racism............ yall just trying to keep the black man down................

:ded::haha::haha:

Serious, the Tulsa Time carried a story where there had been a rash of Obama signs stolen and local NAACP leaders were saying it was racially motivated. I get so tired of hearing that crap.

At the same time there were McCain signs stolen, but that was attributed to just vandals pulling pranks.

The media makes me want to puke sometimes.

Serious, the Tulsa Time carried a story where there had been a rash of Obama signs stolen and local NAACP leaders were saying it was racially motivated. I get so tired of hearing that crap.

At the same time there were McCain signs stolen, but that was attributed to just vandals pulling pranks.

I was watching the local municipal access channel and they were showing a city council session. A black woman claimed that the council was racist because a few dared to leave their seats while she was speaking, they were taking care of more urgent business in the back room. A black CHL holder was complaining that he was mistreated when stopped by police, he claimed it was racially motivated even though no cop even acknowledged his race. Then a black mother was complaining that her teenage son was running from the cops at 5 am and shot in the back three times, racially motivated. Some members of the counsel bought it and claimed that a citizens review board was needed. To top it of, an extremely gay hispanic man got up and accused the mayor of being a racist old white man that disrespects gays. He also claimed that the next mayor needs to be a gay hispanic and that they need more lesbians on the counsel (they have one). What is the world coming to? Will we get away with the same when we become the minorities? :rolleyes:

I was watching the local municipal access channel and they were showing a city council session. A black woman claimed that the council was racist because a few dared to leave their seats while she was speaking, they were taking care of more urgent business in the back room. A black CHL holder was complaining that he was mistreated when stopped by police, he claimed it was racially motivated even though no cop even acknowledged his race. Then a black mother was complaining that her teenage son was running from the cops at 5 am and shot in the back three times, racially motivated. Some members of the counsel bought it and claimed that a citizens review board was needed. To top it of, an extremely gay hispanic man got up and accused the mayor of being a racist old white man that disrespects gays. He also claimed that the next mayor needs to be a gay hispanic and that they need more lesbians on the counsel (they have one). What is the world coming to? Will we get away with the same when we become the minorities? :rolleyes:

...you already are....

People need the NObama signs for target practice. :haha:

If that was my kid i would have beat his ass when he came home and told me about it, and any body that takes the kids side needs their ass beat!!!!!!!!!

Oh, come on now. You have to know that the father put him up to it. Kids, left of their own accord, aren't political. They learn it from their parents. Mine did. The difference is, I made sure my kids understood why I feel the way I do. Their first income tax return taught them all they needed to know. Bush gave them money back and 'Tax Hike' Mike Easley made them pay more.

My youngest, Adam, is a Republican. I've taught him well. Most kids he goes to school with are 'liberals', ie. brainwashed by their parents. But not one of them has been able to stand up to the valid points my son makes. He's even been able to 'convert' a couple kids.