HR 1022 Questions (New AWB)

I have read HR1022 and know that manufacturing a assault weapon and or a conversion kit will be illegal (if it passes). However there are some nuances I can't quite figure out that some of you who had this hobby in the previous AWB era might be able to help with.

1. Can you add more "assault weapon" components to something that is already classified as an assault weapon? i.e. forward grips or folding stocks on an AR or AK (which are named assault weapons)

2. Can you build a complete rifle from a grandfathered receiver (100% AK receiver or AR lower), and are there limitations to the components allowable on this weapon other than what is required by 922® and previous legislation?

I am trying to decide if I should avoid buying accessories for the next few months and stock up on bare-bones receivers or if I must add "assault weapon style parts" now.

Thanks for your help!

HR1022 was introduced a year or more ago if my memory serves me correctly.. and ALSO if my memory serves me, it was already killed with lack of enough sponsorship...

Whether they can pull it back up and play with it again, I do not know... but I think this is just OLD news nowadays... check the lists for newer variants of newer AWB's... theres more to worry about than this one. :up:

:smoke:

HR1022 was introduced a year or more ago if my memory serves me correctly.. and ALSO if my memory serves me, it was already killed with lack of enough sponsorship...

Whether they can pull it back up and play with it again, I do not know... but I think this is just OLD news nowadays... check the lists for newer variants of newer AWB's... theres more to worry about than this one. :up:

:smoke:

the one to watch is H.R. 6257

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-6257

ah thanks! sorry for my confusion, but my question still stands.

You don't have to get it notarized, the best way to document something is to take photos and mail them to yourself certified mail and never open them. An IP attorney once told me to do this for something that wasn't worth the patent fee/hassel but that I still wanted some level of protection from litigation on.