Iranian Nuke Scientist: Weekend Quake was a Nuclear Test

A weekend 5.0 Richter earthquake in Iran was actually a nuclear bomb test, says an Iranian nuclear scientist claiming to be working on the project. This past Saturday night, southern Iran experienced what was reported as a significant earthquake - a seismic event measuring 5.0 on the Richter scale. Its epicenter was just north of the strategic Straits of Hormuz, which separates Iran from Abu Dhabi and Oman and which is the gateway to the Persian Gulf. The report quotes an Iranian nuclear scientist who claims to be working in uranium enrichment for the project, and who said that the "quake" was actually an underground nuclear bomb test. Israel Insider adds that the test/quake was actually the second in a series. Nine days ago, a 4.8 Richter scale event occurred, with its epicenter only five kilometers away from the weekend tremor. The Israel Insider source reports that two nuclear rockets are currently ready - and are intended for use against Israel in the coming months. If the report is correct, it would belie previous speculation that Iran would not begin nuclear testing until it had more nuclear-bomb production capability. The geographical location of the test has several advantages. It is exposed to significant seismic activity, which could serve to mask nuclear tests; it is believed to be close to Iran's nuclear development facility; delivery and transport of material and personnel can be effected easily through the Hormuz Strait; and Iranian enemies would hesitate to bomb the area because that would threaten the flow of a substantial percentage of the world's oil.. .................

I throw the bullshit flag on this one...

LO AND BEHOLD... There WERE quakes in southern Iran...

http://neic.usgs.gov/neis/qed/

Still... Those that study quakes and the reasons behind them can tell the difference between a real tremor and a nuke test...

I say it is just political saber rattling... trying to strike fear into the enemy!

:smoke:

I throw the bullshit flag on this one...

LO AND BEHOLD... There WERE quakes in southern Iran...

http://neic.usgs.gov/neis/qed/

Still... Those that study quakes and the reasons behind them can tell the difference between a real tremor and a nuke test...

I say it is just political saber rattling... trying to strike fear into the enemy!

I do so enjoy the input that is offered on this forum. Of those of us who view and participate we will quite possibly be able to be well informed.

Thank you for your excellent link and point well taken.

Additional links provided:

http://israelinsider.ning.com/profiles/blo...logPost%3A11698

http://unitedagainstnucleariran.com/landing/?banner=300n3

An unfolding situation that will at some point have to be dealt with. Let us hope for all are sakes that it isn't our weak appeasing party in Washington after they have under funded, dissembled our military.

Edited by t-amzn

T-amzn... I am NOT trying to downplay the seriousness of what they are attempting to accomplish.

It is just that I dont think it makes any sense for them to claim it, were it to be really true... as then every nation and their brother would be swooping in to cut it off. Because it seems to me that very few countries in the world want a Nuclear Iran.

I havent heard anything on the evening news, newspaper, radio yet, announcing this... just the one clip you posted... I hope to God it is NOT THE TRUTH!

Hell... if were going to go about things that way... I was the one that caused obamas defeat, cause I slept in and didnt vote... Cause I read it on the net... :unsure:

I second the BS meter vote.

They better be careful or Israel will not be content to use 'bunker busters' but apply their own nuclear final solution to the Iranian problem. The Israelis are going through political upheaval but not a single dove is jocking for power.

Reminds me of the old Sting song I hope the Russians love their children too.

Any nuclear detonation will be detected immediately after detonation. We have very good seismic sensors these days, and it is simple to tell the difference between a nuclear weapon and an earthquake. (NORAD did tons of testing on this in the 60's.) An earthquake is primarily composed of shear waves (waves moving side-to-side) with several minor compression waves (waves moving back-and-forth) A nuclear detonation will register as a single large compression wave. Pretty much impossible to confuse with an earthquake. Also, due to the conductive nature of the earth's mantle, these waves can easily be detected from the other side of the planet.

I'm not saying they didn't pop a nuke. I'm just saying if they did we knew it immediately.

Any nuclear detonation will be detected immediately after detonation. We have very good seismic sensors these days, and it is simple to tell the difference between a nuclear weapon and an earthquake. (NORAD did tons of testing on this in the 60's.) An earthquake is primarily composed of shear waves (waves moving side-to-side) with several minor compression waves (waves moving back-and-forth) A nuclear detonation will register as a single large compression wave. Pretty much impossible to confuse with an earthquake. Also, due to the conductive nature of the earth's mantle, these waves can easily be detected from the other side of the planet.

I'm not saying they didn't pop a nuke. I'm just saying if they did we knew it immediately.

We have some smart folks here! Thank you.

I didnt get all technical...

But thats exactly what I meant in my post up at the top there... LOL

I was a Geology major in college... and thats exactly how they know.

Wasn't trying to be overtly technical. Just relaying what I remember from my own Geology 101! That was a fun class. My professor was a real Doom & Gloom type, so all those of end-of-the-world scenarios got played out almost daily.