T6 intrafusion buttstock

I was thinking of doing the same thing going with the T6. I`m still a little confused on whether more U.S. parts are needed to be compliant. I was wanting the stock/p.g. combo, a different handguard, & a muzzle break( leaving the fcg as is ). Would that be legal? I know there is an answer somewhere on the forumn, but I haven`t found a direct answer to this question. Thanks for any help & for your patience with another "greenhorn". - P.S. - One of the reasons for the confusion is that I`ve seen Saiga12`s in this configuration for sale on Gunbroker, so if it was illegal, aren`t they in violation?

Edited by Fortis
Love it, super easy to install looks great. FenderFreak and I both used them with great results.

thanks ginkgo-z, i appreciate the reply. no holes to drill then? i ask because one vendor had their advert worded in a way that sounded like you need to get the drill out. i'd like to advoid that if possible. thanks again!

I was thinking of doing the same thing going with the T6. I`m still a little confused on whether more U.S. parts are needed to be compliant. I was wanting the stock/p.g. combo, a different handguard, & a muzzle break( leaving the fcg as is ). Would that be legal? I know there is an answer somewhere on the forumn, but I haven`t found a direct answer to this question. Thanks for any help & for your patience with another "greenhorn". - P.S. - One of the reasons for the confusion is that I`ve seen Saiga12`s in this configuration for sale on Gunbroker, so if it was illegal, aren`t they in violation?

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=2042

Look at it as no more than 10 furrin parts, no matter how many US parts to tack on it.

With no mag inserted, final count may be undetermined...

Note on the no-smithing stock: it works ok, but the smoother handling only comes from getting the grip more fwd under the rec.

I appreciate the reply & info rs39. I`ll be doing some more research on the conversion. I do agree on the true conversion benefits. I`ve been a sheet metal worker for several years but this is still new territory for me. I`m a little leary of putting the drill to a gun I just dropped over $500 on. With enough research & prep time though, I think I`ll be alright. I`m starting to think that the ATF`s strategy is to make these things such a confusing, rediculous pain in the ass that some, if not most , will just give up. They have the logic of a two year old! - P.S. - I checked out the link you posted & from what it said, the Saiga12`s don`t look legal even in stock, imported form. ( 13-14 foreign parts ). If that`s true, how`d they make it in to begin with?

Edited by Fortis
P.S. - I checked out the link you posted & from what it said, the Saiga12`s don`t look legal even in stock, imported form. ( 13-14 foreign parts ). If that`s true, how`d they make it in to begin with?

"It shall be unlawful for any person to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) of this chapter as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes except that this subsection shall not apply to..."

The Saiga-12 is imported in a "sporting" configuration, so it is exempt.

http://home.comcast.net/~navy87guy/home/922r.html

P.S. - I checked out the link you posted & from what it said, the Saiga12`s don`t look legal even in stock, imported form. ( 13-14 foreign parts ). If that`s true, how`d they make it in to begin with?

"It shall be unlawful for any person to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) of this chapter as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes except that this subsection shall not apply to..."

The Saiga-12 is imported in a "sporting" configuration, so it is exempt.

http://home.comcast.net/~navy87guy/home/922r.html

Gotcha. Thanks.

I appreciate the reply & info rs39. I`ll be doing some more research on the conversion. I do agree on the true conversion benefits. I`ve been a sheet metal worker for several years but this is still new territory for me. I`m a little leary of putting the drill to a gun I just dropped over $500 on. With enough research & prep time though, I think I`ll be alright.

Go for it.

A real conversion is not that difficult at all. Having sheet metal experience is a plus. You'll be much happier in the long run

Edited by 7.62x39