Saiga/Arsenal SGL-10

The prices do seem a bit high. It might be worth it for someone who feels comfortable doing the basic PG conversion, but who would rather have the "front end work" done professionally.

This is exactly what I am going to do. I just ordered mine today from a local dealer for $668.xx w/tax out the door. RSR Group has to ship it 4.5 miles to his shop. lol's

Yeah, that gun is a real sleeper on the market right now. I bought 10 of them, attempted to sell them, and had no takers after two weeks. Most guys here don't remember when the "Legend" AK's came out in the late 80's. Top of the line guns, but expensive. No one bought one, but now they command big dollars. The same thing will happen here. That's why I pulled my ad, and added all 10 to my personal collection.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

If at the time I hadn't already had all my spending money tied up in buying an IZ109 and its corresponding conversion parts, I would have definitely bought one of those SGL-10s off you Tony. Converting that IZ109 was my first ever conversion attempt and it started off a nightmare, but two days and some bloody knuckles later I finally got it done, and in the end I realized that I had actually liked the conversion process and wanted to do it again. So the next thing on my mind was trying my hand at converting a Saiga rifle, and an SGL-10 was of course the perfect candidate, but my financial situation just wasn't in sync, and it honestly hasn't improved much since then, because now every time I get a little spending money I think of something else I need to get for my newly converted Saiga 12 (and of course today is the day DPH Arms starts selling their Saiga 12 Tri-rail, so now that's another thing I have to get for it). Maybe I will get lucky, and there will still be a few SGL-10s floating around by the time I finally get my Saiga 12 all kitted out and am able to save up some money again for another longarm purchase (though I'm rarely lucky). By the way Tony, I used one of your do it yourself trigger guards and modified Tapco fire control groups for my Saiga 12 conversion, and they worked great. After I had stripped the receiver it literally took less than a minute to install your trigger guard, and having a new fire control group that was just a drop-in, which didn't require any modifications to work in a Saiga 12, made the final steps of the conversion much simpler, which was a huge help to a first time converter like me. If only my ham-fisted amateur gunsmithing at stripping the receiver had went as smooth as installing your parts did, I would have had my conversion done in a couple of hours instead of two days.

Edited by Frogfoot

They are available at AIMGUNS.com for $595.00 for the Arsenal/Saiga SGL10-01. They are out of the SGL10-01SP which has the bullet guide already installed. They were $10 cheaper today but a friend of mine bought a couple and Gary told him the distributor went up on his price and he had to pass it on. Pretty reasonable IMO.

The prices do seem a bit high. It might be worth it for someone who feels comfortable doing the basic PG conversion, but who would rather have the "front end work" done professionally.

This is exactly what I am going to do. I just ordered mine today from a local dealer for $668.xx w/tax out the door. RSR Group has to ship it 4.5 miles to his shop. lol's

Just got it and its very well put together. I also got a 25% discount from KVAR to buy the conversion parts kit. Will be doing that asap...

Just got it and its very well put together. I also got a 25% discount from KVAR to buy the conversion parts kit. Will be doing that asap...

Where do you find the 25% discount code?

I am glad i stopped into this forum , and especially this thread, because I just purchased this same Arsenal/Saiga rifle today online.

I first thought the price outrageous , but after reading about this rifle , think its going to be worth it. I had wanted a Saiga .20" bbl .223, but after seeing Arsenals description of this rifle , decided on it and worked it out from the seller...You guys are gonna scream...robbery, but I paid total $755 for this rifle.

But I figure due to the current circumstances, I would not find this quality again, and glad I was able to get this one. Included with my order was of course the rifle and 1-5 rd mag and 2-30 round mags. I am not interested in converting this rifle , even though I have all the spare parts right now to do it. I wanted a sporter version, but had wanted it in .223, and after seeing this one in an auction, liked its looks, and quality, and went with the 7.62x39 caliber.

I already have a converted Saiga 308, Saigas are good rifles.

Now that I have seen Aimguns.coms price, feel nauseous, but at least I got 2 - 30 round mags? Not sure if they were worth the difference however..but since I dont currently own any 30 round 7.62x39 mags, maybe its a good thing??

Oh well...too late to change my order now.....

Edited by Sunset_Va

Aimguns just informed me they have these guns in stock but are selling fast.

I am supposed to call in my order to the seller on auction today, if I were not a man of honor and not a liar (unlike some people today), I would cancel my order and order from Aimguns. However that would ban me from purchasing from the auction in the future and go against my word.

The person that replied to my email from Aimguns was very very prompt, courteous and just wish I had found this forum earlier.

Any advice other than crying?

:cryss:

I guess $600 isn't bad.

IZ-132s are going for $350.

So you're paying $250 for:

current style muzzle brake/compensator

FSB

GB

Lower HG retainer

Gas tube

Lower HG

Upper HG

Cleaning rod

not to mention all the labor.

Pressing all the stock parts off and pressing on the new stuff is pretty much the only parts of a true conversion that 99% of people can't do by themselves anyway.

The parts alone from k-var is close to $200.

So yeah $600 not bad.

I was able to cancel my order for the Arsenal Saiga that was so much higher and ordered the lower price one from AIMguns.com

Of course however, I don't get 2-30 round mags with this rifle, but intend on trying to find some of the 20 round tanker model mags.

I really hated asking the first seller would he let me rescind my take on the gun, but he did, I am sure he will sell it even at the higher price.

My price at AIMguns is the advertised price on their website. I am looking forward to seeing this rifle. I do not intend to convert it.

If anyone has shot their SGL 10-01 , is the accuracy very good?

Just curious, as Mr Rumore quoted..shorten the mag catch.

If you shorten the mag catch to allow this Arsenal Saiga to use standard AK mags, does that make the Saiga mags not fit or not fit as snugly?

I just ordered a bunch of 20 round Hungarian mags. I like them much better than 30 round mags on an uncoverted rifle. Balances better in my opinion.

Well, I got to handle one of the new Arsenals recently and while my initial reaction was "too expensive", my new feeling for the gun is "when do I buy one!"

I was impressed, the front end work is nice and clean, the receiver has minimal markings, not all the junk you're used to seeing stamped on the side of a Saiga, is drilled for a bullet guide, I'm ready to buy one.

Well, I got to handle one of the new Arsenals recently and while my initial reaction was "too expensive", my new feeling for the gun is "when do I buy one!"

I was impressed, the front end work is nice and clean, the receiver has minimal markings, not all the junk you're used to seeing stamped on the side of a Saiga, is drilled for a bullet guide, I'm ready to buy one.

Better hurry , from what I understand. Now I am anxious to get mine, from what I understand it wont be shipped to my ffl dealer until later this coming week.

Edited by Sunset_Va