I'm done with the damn leaf sights

So i'm sick of the leaf sights, i think i'm gonna start looking at ghost ring style setups, what would you guys recommend as a tuff sight system? Should i go with a beryl rail and stick on a iron rear sight with a hi vis front post, or replace the leaf with a mojo or williams setup? i even saw something neat from Ameriglo.....

Edited by Vultite
So i'm sick of the leaf sights, i think i'm gonna start looking at ghost ring style setups, what would you guys recommend as a tuff sight system? Should i go with a beryl rail and stick on a iron rear sight with a hi vis front post, or replace the leaf with a mojo or williams setup? i even saw something neat from Ameriglo.....

IMO, one can spend a lot of time and funds looking for a better sighting system for the AK rifles. Most probably will not work as well as you want especially for the money spent. I think a red dot scope.(1) Ultimak with a aimpoint or (2) the new LaRue Red Dot mount w scope are the options that work very well, are fast sighting, and will probably not sit in a drawer or table later.

I would probably go with the LaRue Red dot mount.

27.jpg

I've used a Tapco orange front sight and a Krebs rear peep sight and that MUCH improved the accuracy on my AK. I just ordered a Belarus BP-02 low rise mount for a future red-dot but I'd LOVE to get a beryl rail and a nice rear peep sight but have no idea where to find a sight made specifically for that application.

Around this time last year, I was standing in a swamp with my s-308 16". When my brother flushed two deer in front of me, I looked under my scope (too close for missles) and had a WTF moment while I looked at my front sight without the Willams peep sight. It must have pulled free of its roll-pin while I was crashing through the brush earlier.

No deer were harmed in this incident.

I'm using the Mojo with a plastic front sight this year.

Yeah, If I was going to go irons, I'd hold out for that, too. The peeps are to far forward to get the full potential out of them. The one above looks like it might be the ticket when they become available.

What you can try in the meantime is take some white modeling paint and paint the inside of the front sight to gather more light. You could also paint the front edges of the front sight a bright orange or red for additional contrast. Put a little on the sight post, and give it a try. Just a suggestion.