Surefire's 15 round mags

I have not had much luck with the surefire .410 mags. A few here on the forums have maybe modded the mags and got them to work but I have not done this. Anyone care to speculate if their new 15 round mags will have the same issues or will they be redesigned to feed better?

I have not had much luck with the surefire .410 mags. A few here on the forums have maybe modded the mags and got them to work but I have not done this. Anyone care to speculate if their new 15 round mags will have the same issues or will they be redesigned to feed better?

The new mags are different. And yes...they made changes to help them feed better.

The new mags are different. And yes...they made changes to help them feed better.

Cobra, do you think they will actually feed metal hulls? Any updates on the 10 rounders you are working on?

No I still haven't had time to play around with the follower angle to get the mag to feed the whole stack. Shortening the feed lips did help the Steel hulls feed most of them though.

From what I heard from a good source, the new 15 rd mags do feed the 3" shells better. I should know for sure pretty soon. I have some on the way to check out.

Dumb question

I'm new here and have yet to get my hands on my new Saiga 410 [ I have a bid in] Are you guys saying the surefire mags do not work well ? I will be useing American Ammo only. The one I bid on comes with a ten. I was going to order another ten or a 15.

Thanks

Dumb question

I'm new here and have yet to get my hands on my new Saiga 410 [ I have a bid in] Are you guys saying the surefire mags do not work well ? I will be useing American Ammo only. The one I bid on comes with a ten. I was going to order another ten or a 15.

Thanks

I have had no trouble with my surefire 10 rd mags shooting plastic, even with my reloads, which are often not crimped the best :)

I am waiting anxiously for the 15's

Dumb question

Thanks

I have found the Surefire's work flawless with plastic hull ammo. It does not like the steel hull junk. My AR's do not like the old Wolf ammo- Doesn't mean I am going to blame my magazine for it. I just don't use junk 223 ammo. The 15rd mags will be in next week and I will not care if they do or do not shoot steel case ammo. I am sure they will work perfect with what I can buy at Walmart.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a pic of the new 15rd mag. I finally had a chance to test fire them today. I shot all the 3" ammo I had available. Winchester slugs and 000 buck shot, Remington #4,#6 #7.5 and #9. Federal #7.5. I fired approx. 200 rds through 2 mags and not one malfunction. This mag cycles really fast and smooth. Phil from Surefire states that it will works great with WOLF and SilverBear. I will be getting some other steel case for a test next week. I think he has done a fantastic job on the changes for this design and well worth the $46.95. It fits more snug than the other mag as well. My 410 is 100% stock with no mods yet.(needs to be cleaned)

Greg Queen

post-9063-1227922604_thumb.jpg

Edited by gpqueen

To update my earlier response in this thread...I DID get the 10 rd Surefires to reliably feed the steel hulled "junk"... :unsure:

Greg why would you call it junk? It is actually some very good ammo and much more affordable than the plastic shells at walmart. I shoot 3" exclusively in my 410. It's the old original model so I have no choice.

I mainly shoot slugs. I've only had mildly better accuracy with the much more expensive Brenneke plastic hulled slugs, than I have with the Barnaul (same as Silver Bear).

Nice to see the 15's are out and doing well apparently. Last I talked to Nathan, he had just spoken to Phil and they were still testing the 15's with the steel hulls. I've been trying to find the time to give Phil a call but just keep getting wrapped up in my work. I'll make a note to call him tomorrow. Thanks for the report.

HELL YEA! FINALLY...

Recieved my two 15 rounders monday and all I gotta say is the only thing better is a 410 drum! But until then these 15 rounders will keep me spendin.

waiting on my 2 to come in. Range report when they arrive.

HELL YEA! FINALLY...

Recieved my two 15 rounders monday and all I gotta say is the only thing better is a 410 drum! But until then these 15 rounders will keep me spendin.

waiting on my 2 to come in. Range report when they arrive.

mine worked great with what it says to use... comes with a lil sticker attached to the mag sayin only use with federal high brass, silver bear metal, winxhester super x, and wolf...

I wonder why they don't work with Remington 3" shells?

Mine worked flawless with several different loads of Remington 3".

yea never tried remington but I dont see why they wouldent work with just about any 3inch. they are solid mags! and easy to load...

I mean two 15 round mags shipped for 100 bucks, imo is worth it, especially what we will be facing here in another month or two. Carolina shooters took care of me with fast azz shipping and good deal! I reccomend them highly...

now for a new aftermarket handguard...

Edited by 410'FENE

I purchased two 10 rounders from Carolina Shooters Supply. I have to say they have been great to deal with. Fair prices and fast shipping as well as great customer service. My 10 rounders worked great with Winchester 3 inch and I have not tried any other brands yet since that is all I had on hand. I ordered three 15 rounders wich arrived today but will have to wait till I next week to try them. I would recomend CSS to anyone needing Saiga mags. I am looking foreward to seeing drums for the 410 as well as the new U.S. made hand gaurds that are supposed to be available this month. I have a full pistol grip conversion 410 that has been a great rifle as well as a converted 7.62x39 Saiga with a feed ramp so it uses standard AK mags. Over the years I have converted two Saiga 12's, three Saiga 410's, six Saiga 7.62x39's, one Saiga 308, and one Saiga 223. I only have the two Saiga conversions now but am hopeing to do another Saiga 12 in the near future.

post-14389-1228517255.jpg

I got my Surefire 15-rnd mags and took one of for some limited testing a couple of days ago. The weather here has been very cold and wet. It was already dark but I really wanted to see how they worked. I ran 45-rns of steel cased Silver Bear slugs through it. No problems at all. All right! First test run was very possitive. This mag is slick. A Saiga-410 with a reliable 15-rnd mag is awesome. Getting a good feeling after the first test. I will be shooting a lot more rounds through them, but got a feeling I will be getting more. :super:

100_0936.jpg

Factory 4-rnd .410 mag, Surefire 15-rnd mag, AGP 10-rnd 12 gauge mag.

100_0937.jpg

I had a quick question, Can these be taken apart for cleaning or fixing(better not or ill be sendin em back)?

You can slide the floor plate off and remove the spring and follower easily for cleaning,

Greg