Muzzle Device Options?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're not wrong. All Polychokes are marked "Deluxe", (they're old-school that way ), and they are an amazingly versatile tool. Granted, dedicated Winchokes may work marginally better, but not enou

It is the exact same picture without the outer background... look between the slots, you can SEE the cardboard.

Posted Images

I have a polychoke, but i voted for pie. Mostly becaws i have the polychoke, but i'm hungry and really want some pie...

havn't really done enough with the shotgun to verify how effective it is, but theres enough good word out there already for it.

Edited by Nailbomb

I have a Tromix Shark on my 8" and like it I also have a polychoke on a factory 19" s-12 and have not had great patterns from it yet but I have not spent much time playing with it. With that all said my Tromix S-17 is getting 8" groups at 25yards with the fedral flight control 9 pellet buckshot which is perfect for me, I also have shot clays with it from a hand thrower just can't let them get very far.

I have a Tromix Shark on my 8" and like it I also have a polychoke on a factory 19" s-12 and have not had great patterns from it yet but I have not spent much time playing with it. With that all said my Tromix S-17 is getting 8" groups at 25yards with the fedral flight control 9 pellet buckshot which is perfect for me, I also have shot clays with it from a hand thrower just can't let them get very far.

This has me curious, about how far away would you say your effective range is with clays using the polychoke?

I didn't want to start a completely new thread when I figured it was related to this one...

I believe the shortest barrel length here in NY is 18-18.5 inches.

My question is (sorry if it's redundant to you long-termers, but I did search first) if I add a choke of some sort, does that add to the barrel length? In other words, if the choke was 3 inches, could I then thread it on a cut-down 15" barrel?

I appreciate any responses from you knowledgeable folks!

I didn't want to start a completely new thread when I figured it was related to this one...

I believe the shortest barrel length here in NY is 18-18.5 inches.

My question is (sorry if it's redundant to you long-termers, but I did search first) if I add a choke of some sort, does that add to the barrel length? In other words, if the choke was 3 inches, could I then thread it on a cut-down 15" barrel?

I appreciate any responses from you knowledgeable folks!

18" total. It can be cut to 18" oal by an appropriatly licensed FFL.

• 2 months later...

I'm up in the air about what to stick on the end of my shotgun, I may end up going with the poly choke as it seems to be the most useful.

I would like to shorten the barrel a bit an have it permently attatched in the end, I want an AK type front sight or I'll get one mounted on a rail... I dunno for sure... :D

If I go SBS I want another S12 for that, I like having one as a non NFA.

+1 for the poly choke,.. it rocks,... now only if it looked cooler like a cutts compensator assembly

I have the slotted poly-choke and love it , I shoot clays with it and dont miss , i get a tight pattern at 40 yards with x-full . I use it for huntiing and works great
Edited by Gas Giant

I think I'm leaning towards either a Polychoke or a Cutts compensator. I already have the Cutts, but for sheer versatility, you can't beat a Polychoke IMO. I agree with Gas Giant, too bad they don't look cooler.

I suppose my "ultimate" muzzle device would have:

1: a polychoke type adjustable device

2: flash hider slots

3: a bayonet lug

4: the ability to secure a golf ball launcher for use with blanks

Corbin

I think I'm leaning towards either a Polychoke or a Cutts compensator. I already have the Cutts, but for sheer versatility, you can't beat a Polychoke IMO. I agree with Gas Giant, too bad they don't look cooler.

I suppose my "ultimate" muzzle device would have:

1: a polychoke type adjustable device

2: flash hider slots

3: a bayonet lug

4: the ability to secure a golf ball launcher for use with blanks

Corbin

So if im following this correctly, a Polychoke allows a setup for both bird shot and slugs? I'm going to use my 24" s12 for both bird and deer here in MD. If the Polychoke allows both slug and Birdshot patterning, i'll be very happy. Now a noob question in regards to the polychoke. The s12 i have coming in i think is externally threaded SAI-12-IZ107-RIGHT-D.jpg Would the polychoke just screw on?

Yes,

A polychoke MEANT FOR THE SAIGA-12 would just screw on. You can get it from the E-Store this forum has. Note that it doesn't have any rifling in it, so although you could shoot slugs through it (Modified or Improved Cylinder setting only), it wouldn't be as accurate as a rifled choke tube that would screw onto the same threads on the end of the barrel.

Corbin

Yes,

A polychoke MEANT FOR THE SAIGA-12 would just screw on. You can get it from the E-Store this forum has. Note that it doesn't have any rifling in it, so although you could shoot slugs through it (Modified or Improved Cylinder setting only), it wouldn't be as accurate as a rifled choke tube that would screw onto the same threads on the end of the barrel.

Corbin

I have the polychoke ready to order from the estore, now where would i find a Rifled choke that is built specifically for the Saiga? By the way Corbin, thanks for setting people straight over at THR.org, and the youtube clips were great.

Why not use the method that tony from tromix used to do on comp guns, screw in Rem. chokes, extend the choke wrench, and use whatever brake or hider you want?

Reason for edit, spelling!

Edited by zone1935

nouse4aname067,

As far as I know, there's no Chaos brake with a built in choke. So yes, a choke (of any sort) would keep your pattern tighter compared to a brake.

JT,

No problem. I've done some other vids, but haven't edited them for public consumption yet. I'm going to do more showing my shooting technique soon.

Corbin

• 2 months later...
Factory Russian Flash hider all the way...

skotts_guns_1421.jpg

Clean and simple.

I like that. I could add that to my S12 without concern for 922r. And here I was going to vote for pie....I still like pie....

No, you can not. It will add yet another Evil Foriegn part that you must compensate for. OR, you could add this brake from MAA.

It looks almost exacty like it, is cheaper, and made in the USA!

Thanks Nathan! :D

Edited by Azrial

I selected other, this is because I would love to see a rem-choke adaptor comercialy avaliable soon. I have the barrel of my S12 stock as of right now but I may look into the factory chokes from saigastock.com

By the way, has anyone had any experience with the factory chokes?

I selected other, this is because I would love to see a rem-choke adaptor comercialy avaliable soon. I have the barrel of my S12 stock as of right now but I may look into the factory chokes from saigastock.com

By the way, has anyone had any experience with the factory chokes?

+10000 Exactly

Since muzzle brakes don't do dick on a 12-gauge, I chose Polychoke. I've a Polychoke II on my S-12 and at the very least it tightens shot patterns. What's your "breacher muzzle brake" done for you lately? Jack shit? That's what I thought! :lol:

Edited by post-apocalyptic