What will the future be for MD drum?

Hey Mike,

I was just wondering if prior made drums will be still legal if Obama banned them?

I was not sure if there was a patent on it or serial number on the drum stated if it was a "preban" drum.

I've ordered one of your drums and if Obama banned them in January will I still be able to recieve my drum because we made a deal prior to the ban?

Thanks Joe

It will take a little longer than that to write the bill and get it through both houses.

Of course, Mike could always put "For Law Enforcement Use Only".

That would keep them in production until the republicans can regain control.

It will take a little longer than that to write the bill and get it through both houses.

Edited by upbearup

Not if Obama simply Re-Inacts the Crime Bill like he has all ready said he was going to try to do within the first week in office.

A AWB will come again but it will take some time. Even the republicans in the house are to chicken shit to stand up for what the 2nd really means. Even the NRA was a half ass opinion on high capacity and assault weapons. I hope Mike has the capital after feeling the orders to have the drum bodies run as much as possible. That is what counts as the mag. As per last ban I know manufacturers will be cranking out mags and lowers en tell the atomic clock hits 11:59:59. Now the next ban will defer from the previous one and maybe a different ban on the drums or making the saiga12 NFA weapons. You never know what is going the happen but I am happy MD-20 drums do not have a serial number. Or that I can see any how. :chris:

If you have the slip with your order number and we all used are cards, that is a copy too. No worries we have paperwork to prove we are grandfathered in. Unless he goes for the take all arms act... Like many others. If that is the case im going to buy 20 now and dig a hole in my back yard. Or make them fight for them. He is asking for a civil war..... If he wants to take things away like hand guns and anything but full auto. We as tax paying and voting Americans have the 2nd amendment right.

Not if Obama simply Re-Inacts the Crime Bill like he has all ready said he was going to try to do within the first week in office.

Link? That is complete bull.

"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban as soon as I take office. Within 90 days, we will go back after kitchen table dealers, and work to end the gun show and internet sales loopholes. In the first year, I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."

--Barack Obama, VPC Fund Raiser, 2007

Perhaps not first week but he did say "My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban as soon as I take office."

Trust that our rights will not be infringed. Specially after the lifting of the DC gun ban. I don't think gun laws are going to be either added or taken away anytime soon. The supreme court is on the constitution's side. Am I wrong?

The Supreme Court still left the door open for so-called "reasonable" restrictions on gun ownership. What is "reasonable" is open to broad interpretation. Also, while it may take some time, Obama is likely to appoint some Supreme Court justices. If the balance tips from 5-4 in favor of our Second Amendment rights to 5-4 (or worse) against them, there could really be trouble. We should all do our best to ensure that not one inch of ground is given with respect to our Second Amendment rights.

That worked at Goliad but it would take Tony to have something for an Abrams Tank and I'm not even sure he's got it. :eek:

You do realize if they ain't from Texas, they won't get that.

I was thinking more along the lines of Masada.

That worked at Goliad but it would take Tony to have something for an Abrams Tank and I'm not even sure he's got it. :eek:

You do realize if they ain't from Texas, they won't get that.

I was thinking more along the lines of Masada.

Sorry, thought that was included in high school American history. It was in Texas! :)

"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban as soon as I take office. Within 90 days, we will go back after kitchen table dealers, and work to end the gun show and internet sales loopholes. In the first year, I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."

--Barack Obama, VPC Fund Raiser, 2007

Perhaps not first week but he did say "My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban as soon as I take office."

Complete BULL????? What kind of crap have you been smoking? WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes the quote I was referring to is listed above as stated:

There is one of many LINKS about their agenda READ THE FINE PRINT because these are ALL liberal websites that tries to make him look good too. I picked the LIBERAL one too so you couldnt gripe and say I used the Conservative websites which ARE FAR MORE HARSH. There are MANY more examples like the ones listed above ALSO. IF you dont think he supports gun control you are smoking something more than just crack!! They all admit that the ASSAULT WEAPON BILL will come back PLUS there will will be more like banning surplus ammo and Sin TAXes on guns just wait and see.

http://www.democrats.org/a/party/platform.html page 48

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/issues/issues.gun.html

http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/Barack_Obama_Gun_Control.htm

http://origin.barackobama.com/issues/urban_policy/