US made stock looking parts

i picked up a saiga 762 lastweek and absolutely love it. it feels good and it shoots well. the only thing i desire is to be able to use 30rd mags. now i've lurked here and understand the whole 922r laws.

my question is, are there US made parts that i can replace such as the stock or FG that look the same as or very similar to the factory parts? maybe the gas piston?

i should only need to replace one part as long as i use American made mags, right?

i dont want a pistol grip or anything flashy. i bought the gun for $70 from a friend and really i just want it for fun so i dont need anything to dramatic.

thanks all

Tyler

i picked up a saiga 762 lastweek and absolutely love it. it feels good and it shoots well. the only thing i desire is to be able to use 30rd mags. now i've lurked here and understand the whole 922r laws.

my question is, are there US made parts that i can replace such as the stock or FG that look the same as or very similar to the factory parts? maybe the gas piston?

i should only need to replace one part as long as i use American made mags, right?

i dont want a pistol grip or anything flashy. i bought the gun for $70 from a friend and really i just want it for fun so i dont need anything to dramatic.

thanks all

Tyler

You can replace the gas piston with a US Ak74 type also Dinzag sell a modified US Hammer and disconnector to work in unconverted rifles. If you like wood Ironwood designs or BattlerifleG3 make stocks and foregrips that are 922 compliant. BTW awesome deal

Edited by Superhawk138

thanks all

Tyler

You can replace the gas piston with a US Ak74 type also Dinzag sell a modified US Hammer and disconnector to work in unconverted rifles. If you like wood Ironwood designs or BattlerifleG3 make stocks and foregrips that are 922 compliant. BTW awesome deal

any links for those? especially the piston? and my math is correct right? 3 parts for the mag brings my count down to 11 so one more part makes it legal right?

as for the deal, i had no idea or interest in an AK before. i heard he had it for sale so i though out an offer. he accepted (lucky me). then i did some research on it and became very very pleased with the deal. couple days later i got it out to shoot it. couldnt be happier.

any links for those? especially the piston? and my math is correct right? 3 parts for the mag brings my count down to 11 so one more part makes it legal right?

as for the deal, i had no idea or interest in an AK before. i heard he had it for sale so i though out an offer. he accepted (lucky me). then i did some research on it and became very very pleased with the deal. couple days later i got it out to shoot it. couldnt be happier.

Yes 1 more part brings down to 10 to meet 922

Dinzag FCG http://dinzagarms.com/misc_parts/fcg.html

Tapco Gas Piston http://www.tapco.com/proddesc.aspx?Id=a01e...9f-b02ed1117ac9

Links to the stocks http://dinzagarms.com/furniture/furniture.html http://dinzagarms.com/furniture/brg3/brg3-index.pdf

you can get a gas piston, i believe the AK 74 gas piston is the one that fits correctly, also you can get handguards, stocks, and most importantly to me, the trigger group, if you replace the trigger group you will be very very happy with it ;) good luck, and post some pixx when your done

yeah i think i feel a little guilty now that i know what they are and know what they sell for.

i have a FCG and a piston ordered.

ive seen pictures of a regular rifle type stock with a horizontal indentation on either side. anyone know what that is or if it's nice and solid? is it polymer or wood that has been painted black?

Would you believe my good fortune. i was able to purchase another Saiga today for $60.00. This one is in .223. that makes Two Saiga in two weeks, one for $70 one for $60. a month ago if you would have asked me what a Saiga was i would have had no idea, pretty bad for a firearms lead at one of the largest gun dealers in PA. now they are raining down on me. What luck!

Would you believe my good fortune. i was able to purchase another Saiga today for $60.00. This one is in .223. that makes Two Saiga in two weeks, one for $70 one for $60. a month ago if you would have asked me what a Saiga was i would have had no idea, pretty bad for a firearms lead at one of the largest gun dealers in PA. now they are raining down on me. What luck!

$130.00 for both a .223 and x39 you lucky SOB. :haha: Now you just need a 12ga to fall from the sky for $100.00

My luck is that if a pussy fell from the sky for every man on earth the one i'd get would have a dick in it. :ded: