new gun reciever cover problem

just took reciever cover off spent 1 hour trying to get it back on no luck any tricks to do this?

It's tricky, but after you get the hang of it, it'll be easy. Take the front of the cover and tuck it into the notch under the rear sight. Make sure it's centered. Then bring the back half of the cover right up to the dust cover release button. Make sure the hole in the dust cover is aligned with the button. Press the back of the dust cover down in one swift motion (doesn't have to be overly forceful).

Edited by tophatjones
just took reciever cover off spent 1 hour trying to get it back on no luck any tricks to do this?

It's tricky, but after you get the hang of it, it'll be easy. Take the front of the cover and tuck it into the notch under the rear sight. Make sure it's centered. Then bring the back half of the cover right up to the dust cover release button. Make sure the hole in the dust cover is aligned with the button. Press the back of the dust cover down in one swift motion (doesn't have to be overly forceful).

thanks just managed to do it by doing what you said but also pushing forward on the very back of the cover i guess practide makes perfect by the way also want to remove the factory stock i removed the two screws but connot get the stock to budge any idea what i should do

thanks just managed to do it by doing what you said but also pushing forward on the very back of the cover i guess practide makes perfect by the way also want to remove the factory stock i removed the two screws but connot get the stock to budge any idea what i should do

by the way also want to remove the factory stock i removed the two screws but connot get the stock to budge any idea what i should do

There are three screws for the butt stock.

The third is under the dust cover button / recoil spring.

With the dust cover off, push the button and spring forward and remove it from the slots, you'll see screw number 3.

by the way also want to remove the factory stock i removed the two screws but connot get the stock to budge any idea what i should do

There are three screws for the butt stock.

The third is under the dust cover button / recoil spring.

With the dust cover off, push the button and spring forward and remove it from the slots, you'll see screw number 3.

thanks would never have guessed about screw no three

Edited by black adder