Chaos "quick clean out"

Just picked up one of the "Chaos Quick Cleanout" gizmos...Alex

Why, when I go to Chaos' website and look at their products, does it say "suspended" on the Quick Cleanout and all kits that contain it? Aren't they working some bugs out of the design, or has that been fixed and the website just not updated?

I'd like to get one, just don't want to end up having to send it back...

I noticed that too. I don't know if I got the last one in stock, or this one has a flaw that will cause sterility in barnyard animals (the sheep is a liar, I tell you!), or what. The only weak point in the design that I can even imagine is the spring that holds the lock assembly in place, and that is user-replaceable anyway.

I still recommend it, even though I now have a collector's item worth thousands :haha:

Alex

• 5 weeks later...

I got my updated QCO plug yesterday, and it has a nice parkerized finish I think (comparing it to my Kel-tec P32 slide finish which is parkerized). No issue with the fit or finish of the part. I added a drop of LocTite to the pan head machine screw which holds the latch just in case it might loosen up. Kudos to Mr. Hadley for a well designed part!

I got my updated QCO plug yesterday, and it has a nice parkerized finish I think (comparing it to my Kel-tec P32 slide finish which is parkerized). No issue with the fit or finish of the part. I added a drop of LocTite to the pan head machine screw which holds the latch just in case it might loosen up. Kudos to Mr. Hadley for a well designed part!

So if i was to order one now it would be updated version?

So if i was to order one now it would be updated version?

Yes all CQC shipping have the updated button, and we are shipping current CQC customers upgrades.

Yes all CQC shipping have the updated button, and we are shipping current CQC customers upgrades.

Cameron,

Are you currently only shipping upgrades, or are you now taking new orders as well? The website still lists the CQC (and all the package deals involving one) as "suspended."

My stocking won't seem full without one . . .

Cameron,

Are you currently only shipping upgrades, or are you now taking new orders as well? The website still lists the CQC (and all the package deals involving one) as "suspended."

My stocking won't seem full without one . . .

We are selling the upgraded CQC, we just have not had time to change are website.

• 2 weeks later...

Is my upgrade bit on the way?

You may all ready have the upgraded CQC, but if not, then you will be on are list.they ship out Dec. 15. 08

No, I do not have the upgraded bit (my Chaos part blew off and flew downrange yesterday at about the 120 round mark; sheared the corner off the lug ;) )

When will the upgraded part ship? The 15th is long past...

Thanks,

Alex

Is my upgrade bit on the way?

You may all ready have the upgraded CQC, but if not, then you will be on are list.they ship out Dec. 15. 08

No, I do not have the upgraded bit (my Chaos part blew off and flew downrange yesterday at about the 120 round mark; sheared the corner off the lug ;) )

When will the upgraded part ship? The 15th is long past...

Thanks,

Alex

They shipped on Dec 15, PM me your Full name, address , I'll make sure yours was shipped. Keep in mind this is a holiday season and the USPS is covered up, so mail is moving slower than hell. I have tried to warn people not to have these installed without the upgrade inplace, because of this kind of thing could happen. Not saying its your fault, cause its not, its mine, but I have done everything I can to make people aware of this problem and I have taken every step to correct it. I can only control what I do on my end.

Recieved my upgrade to my quick clean out today.

Can't help but think about the huge amount of professionalism that it takes to send these off to everyone out of pocket.

I didn't look at the instructions untill after i had it changed out, but i did look at them after just for my own knowledge on giving a proper review.

They were well written, and i doubt anyone will have any trouble following them as they break down the steps needed very well.

A awsome job on camerons part, I know i apreciate it.

With the CQC installed, would I still be able to switch my regulator back and forth from position 1 and 2 easily? The ability to switch it down to low compression and then back up again is a feature I use.

• 2 weeks later...
Chaos makes great products.

Does the QCO allow you to fire high brass out of a mdarms drum? Such as the gas plug MD arms is shipping out.

Can it be modified to have a third position?

The CQC is for accessing the gas piston for cleaning out in front of the piston.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...