Chaos "quick clean out"

So I just bought and received my Chaos quick clean-out and im not sure what the big deal is. Is it just because i can now access the front of gas port faster? How does this really help prevent jams? My S-20 really didnt have many jamming problems until after the first time i did clean my gas port and puck. One guy recommend getting it ported by a gunsmith. Any advice?

So I just bought and received my Chaos quick clean-out and im not sure what the big deal is. Is it just because i can now access the front of gas port faster? How does this really help prevent jams? My S-20 really didnt have many jamming problems until after the first time i did clean my gas port and puck. One guy recommend getting it ported by a gunsmith. Any advice?

That's what it is designed for, quick and easy access to the front of your puck, for removing the junk that builds up in there which can and will cause problems in your gas operating system.

• 6 months later...

I have never had a problem with a lubed piston binding up. Maybe one of you guys with more experience than me can post a before and after picture of the results of firing a Saiga-12 with a lubed piston.

Tony

Sure...

PICT0194.JPG

This Pic is a early During of firing with a lubed piston.

Target After.jpg

This is the same target later on...

Ammo!.jpg

Some of the ammo used.

Gas Piston.jpg

and this is the end results of the gas piston after a firing session.

I don't think I understand what exacly your looking for, a reason why NOT to lube a gas piston and run it dry, or a reason why someone would enjoy easy access to their gas system for cleaning?