BADASS 12 ga sabot slugs!

Wow these look pretty awesome! Has anyone tried them yet?

I would like to see how they work in a factory "Paradox" rifled choke tube. I have one that I've never tried with real sabots, like are required to work with it. I wonder how much difference the 3.25" of actual rifling can make?

This ad says "Designed for use in fully-rifled barrels only" though... :unsure: Hmmm

Watch the video! F'kin awesome! :super:

http://www.remington.com/products/ammuniti..._sabot_slug.asp

I searched high and low for a Paradox Tube quite awhile ago and never was able to acquire one on this continent or others. I have some slugs like Brenneke that are designed for use in rifled barrels, they worked fine but I am sure I am was not getting the accuracy they were designed fort. I wound up having the barrrels welded to a Shark Brake & a Poly-Choke to get the minimujm length for concealment. Guess I would have to use a rifle for deer hunting at over 100yds if I still had them. All sold and donated as you know. The only guys that I know that use a shotgun for deer hunting are some kinfolk in Louisanna who hunt in thick growth and swamps. Looks like a great idea.

I just bought 3 boxes of Hornady's 300 grain sabots... for my fully rifled mossy pump 12 gauge... 2 1/2" high at 50 yards, and was putting 6 shots in about a 2" circle 2" high at 100 yards... that was good enough for me, so I went back and bought 10 more boxes...

At $9.48 a box... it was pricey, but not as bad as most sabot slugs on the market!

:smoke: