What features to get on a converted Saiga

I am looking at buying a converted Siaga. Im trying to determine what features I want on the gun. I have several reasons for purchasing the gun so some of the features I am looking at might not be good for all of those reasons. I want the gun for collection purposes. For this I would love to have a short barreled shot gun that looks cool and has as many evil features on it as possible to scare my liberal weenie friends. I also plan on using in it 3 gun matches. I am not a serious competitor but would like something that would perform adequately. Anything I use in a match needs to be practical for self-defense. I do not want a race gun. My last reason is for home defense or SHTF scenario. I am willing to sacrifice some practicality in the gun to get one that satisfies the requirements for collection and sport as this is not my primary defense weapon.

That being said. Here are my question:

What do you all think about the galil cocking lever on the bolt? How are the HK sights for the purposes listed above (they sure look cool)?

If I get the HK sights how do they work with an optical sight? Can they be cowitnessed? How would I mount an optical sight on it and would I want to?

How much does performance decrease as the barrel is shortened from 19 inches downward to 8 inches?

At what length is acurracy and power really dropping off for sport and self defense uses?

I know Tromix is a real good manufacturer who else makes a good gun? How hard is it to do it myself?

How does the bolt-hold-open work? Is that an aftermarket feature? Is the BHO of any worth?

Thanks