Polytech Legend National Match Value

I've found a Polytech Legend National Match AK rifle (milled receiver) locally, in near new condition. The only "flaws" that I can see are a minor ding on the bottom of the lower handguard (which can be readily refinished), and the replacement of the original conical flash hider with one similar to the M-16 Birdcage style. It comes with three 30-rd Polytech magazines (the ones with the chrome-plated followers), a bayonet, sling, cleaning kit, oiler, etc.

Anyone have a ballpark idea of value? I'm thinking his asking price is a bargain, but am no expert on AK's.

Just buy it... YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!!!

Why mess around... if you dont, someone else might... LOL

theres one here...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=114997648

$1,375!!! :eek:

:smoke:

Thanks for the advice - I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going to do. BTW, that one on GB ended up at $1575!!! Folks sure want these puppies when they find them... :dollar:

Well, they are considered the finest AK you could ever buy in this country, so, its not a surprise that they go for what they do.

Has anybody ever seen a scope and mount that fit these Nat Match versions?

Years ago, a friend and I bought two, he wanted the NM version, I took the standard rifle, what a nice pair, but, neither of us could afford both.

Even back then, nobody knew where to get the mount/base for these.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, they are considered the finest AK you could ever buy in this country, so, its not a surprise that they go for what they do.

Has anybody ever seen a scope and mount that fit these Nat Match versions?

Years ago, a friend and I bought two, he wanted the NM version, I took the standard rifle, what a nice pair, but, neither of us could afford both.

Even back then, nobody knew where to get the mount/base for these.

That would be mine. Got it from KFS when I was an FFL $650.00. I had a Russian PSOP side plate put on and an 8x42mm PSOP.and American black walnut furniture. Before you go, Oh, it is altered the price is lower, think again 1.) I rarely sell from my collection. 2.) It will command $1500-1800 easily.

Both of ours were sub 600 bucks, I think mine was 525 and his 575.

I of course kept the box, so I imagine mine is probably above that 1500 rate now, thats up from about 1200 right after the ban.

Edited by frick

Thanks to everyone for all the info - it helped make my decision.

BTW, the Polytech and accessories went for $800 - I believe that's a bargain, yes?

P.S. In the factory box, there was the original cone-type muzzle device, so now it's complete to boot!

Edited by Geezer59

They were and are built in the same factories as the Chinese Military rifles, by the same prisoners.

Basically, you have a military gun with the exception that it was modified not to shoot fully automatically.

1911, that is without a doubt, the most I have seen a Polytech legend ever draw in an auction, now I wish I never shot mine, although I was smart enough to keep the box, and all the stuff it came with.

MAN, people must really be scared of Frobama, even during the ban, you could get NIB legends for the 12-1300 range.

Edited by frick