Mike D won't call me back!

Is MD Arms Responsive to customer service questions?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Is MD Arms responsive to your customer service correspondence

• Yes, I'm fully satisfied
    • Yes, but don't expect a quick response
    • No, but I'm confident that the transaction will come out to my satisfaction
    • Hell no, I'm cancelling my order

Look, I can understand if someone's so busy making drums that it takes a while to get back to me. That's cool, I'm not on a time crunch YET. I've sent at least three separate emails to Mike D. and at least three phone voicemails left with MD Arms, and absolutely no acknowledgment that they've been received.

My issue with my Drum order is quite simple, I'm moving before the second run of the drums will start shipping, so I want to change the address.

Hopefully he reads this forum more often than his email.

Email me Mike!

Order number EV-2873

**** update 11/9/08****

A day after I posted here, my email was answered, so apparently it's a good idea to take things to the boards when you're having trouble getting a hold of him. A little frustrating, but I eventually got him to reply and he offered a solution that was quite satisfactory. If things go per this new plan, I will become a happy customer when the second round of drums ship. :rolleyes:

Edited by networkr

Suggestion would be to email him with in the subjest area Address change for shipping. I'm sure Mike will get it as he's probably bustin ass to get out the last of the first run and gearing up for the second run to ship. He will get back to you just be patient.

Look, I can understand if someone's so busy making drums that it takes a while to get back to me. That's cool, I'm not on a time crunch YET. I've sent at least three separate emails to Mike D. and at least three phone voicemails left with MD Arms, and absolutely no acknowledgment that they've been received.

My issue with my Drum order is quite simple, I'm moving before the second run of the drums will start shipping, so I want to change the address.

Email me Mike!

Order number EV-2873

How long have you been trying to get hold of him?

Email me Mike!

Order number EV-2873

How long have you been trying to get hold of him?

Two weeks ago was the first call

I assure you he is not ignoring anyone, just change the info on his site as previosly stated, and it will be fine. I will vouch for Mike, he made a decision not many days ago to help me at a very bad time in my life at his own expense, nobody has ever done things like this for me before, so hold tight. Mike will do what he says, and get you your gear, just dont be impatient....relax.

networker, I'm sorry I haven't got back to you. But I assure you that your address will be corrected before your order ships.

As far as answering the phone... this damn phone rings all day long, starting about 6 am eastern to about 2 am. That is basically 7 days a week. If I answered the phone I would get nothing done at all, nothing, and still wouldn't be able to take all the calls that come in.

As far as emails, I am 10 days behind. Have you sent all 3 in the last 10 days? I just warmed the computer up and am hoping to get them current today.

When I come to yours you will get a response, for all 3, in the order they was received. Compare the time in between and you will know how long it has taken me to answer your first, all the others, and your last.

About changing your address yourself on my site. You can only update your customer information. A customer cannot modify anything on an order themselves. Even if someone changes their customer information all the information on an order will remain the same as it was when the order was placed. You should log on and change your customer information though or any future orders will have the old info. I will update your order info.

Email me Mike!

Order number EV-2873

Email me Mike!

Order number EV-2873

Just be patient, you still have 4 months before the 2nd run is even scheduled to start shipping and your number is a ways into it, so you likely have 5-6 months before your stuff ships, thats plenty of time to wait and get your address changed.

CJG

Simple. You can change your shipping address by updating your account information on the MD website.

About changing your address yourself on my site. You can only update your customer information. A customer cannot modify anything on an order themselves. Even if someone changes their customer information all the information on an order will remain the same as it was when the order was placed. You should log on and change your customer information though or any future orders will have the old info.

If anyone is wondering it is standard for online sellers that a customer cannot personally change their order info. If a seller let the customer change order information themselves it would lead to many, many problems.

Email me Mike!

Order number EV-2873

Just be patient, you still have 4 months before the 2nd run is even scheduled to start shipping and your number is a ways into it, so you likely have 5-6 months before your stuff ships, thats plenty of time to wait and get your address changed.

CJG

Are you sure 4-6 Months???? His website says Jan 2 or around that time that is only 2 months or less. I dont think we have 6 months to wait personally. Obama and his gang will have them banned by 4 months yet alone 6 months so what will we do about that if it happens??????????? Mike will have a lot of money out for production and unless he is willing to eat a lot of loss or sell to law enforecemnt only we are all out our money and this time I doubt there will be an expiration on the assault ban like last time. I will keep with Mike's Word on or about Jan 2 unless I hear otherwise, just wondering where you got your information?? So, Please everyone LEAVE Mike alone let him work so he can get his job done in PEACE!!!!!

CJG

Are you sure 4-6 Months???? His website says Jan 2 or around that time that is only 2 months or less. I dont think we have 6 months to wait personally. Obama and his gang will have them banned by 4 months yet alone 6 months so what will we do about that if it happens??????????? Mike will have a lot of money out for production and unless he is willing to eat a lot of loss or sell to law enforecemnt only we are all out our money and this time I doubt there will be an expiration on the assault ban like last time. I will keep with Mike's Word on or about Jan 2 unless I hear otherwise, just wondering where you got your information?? So, Please everyone LEAVE Mike alone let him work so he can get his job done in PEACE!!!!!

Yep,

I had the same impression from all his updates - 2nd run starts just after 1/1/09 or therabouts.

Not going to go back through all his email notices right now, but I recall Mike discussing some retooling, etc for the 2nd run and confirming the stated time frame ......as best one is able to, of course ;)

Here's to hoping for a nice New Year :beer:

Cheers, HarvKY

Not more than 24 hours after I posted to this forum, Mike D. got back to me and offered a fully satisfactory response to my inquiry. If you're running out of patience experiencing the same as I did, I'd recommend posting here and not beat him up too bad, he's delivering a product we all want, and I'd hate to drive a decent guy out of business because of all the aggravation we cause him.

Email me Mike!

Order number EV-2873

**** update 11/9/08****

A day after I posted here, my email was answered, so apparently it's a good idea to take things to the boards when you're having trouble getting a hold of him. A little frustrating, but I eventually got him to reply and he offered a solution that was quite satisfactory. If things go per this new plan, I will become a happy customer when the second round of drums ship. :rolleyes:

Not more than 24 hours after I posted to this forum, Mike D. got back to me and offered a fully satisfactory response to my inquiry. If you're running out of patience experiencing the same as I did, I'd recommend posting here and not beat him up too bad, he's delivering a product we all want, and I'd hate to drive a decent guy out of business because of all the aggravation we cause him.

Email me Mike!

Order number EV-2873

**** update 11/9/08****

Sorry, but I have to add my own response to the way things really are here. Me answering the emails had nothing to do with it being posted here. Let me explain a few thing. During the week I have to deal with A LOT of people that I can only deal with during business hours through the week. This is the most important thing right now. If I sat at home and answered emails and phone calls all day as they came in, not a single drum would ever be made again. I had already planned on trying to get my emails current this past weekend (which I did). I answered over 250 of them yesterday alone!!!! The Friday before last I spent all day answering emails. How many people can say they had an email answered from me yesterday or last Friday? Hundreds! I do answer what I can through the week as well. But it is far from priority through the week for the reason stated above.

Also I rarely look at the forum during the week as well. I try to scan it each day to see if there is something that needs tended too such as this issue. But I don't recommend posting this type of thing here. This wasn't an urgent matter. We are well over a month away from a shipping date for the second run. I can see if I was going to start shipping in the next day or two.

Also to explain the plan that was spoke of.... The first email I received from networkr mentioned nothing of an address change. It only said he was moving and he wanted to cancel his order. Which I did per his request and issued a refund. As I worked through the list I came to other emails from him that stated he would like to change his address or cancel his order if he couldn't. It was after a few of these that I guess that they was from networkr. The plan was I said after he was moved and with a new address to let me know and I would update his address on the order and reinstate it. If you ask me it is more of a favor rather than a plan. This favor will take even more of my time and tending to make happen. I don't mind that one bit. But others should see and know that I really don't have to pull any favors to sell these drums. But I like to try and help all I can.

As far as this little poll... I'll allow it, not that it really matters or will change anything. I only have so much time as I've stated. Some may wonder about my , "I'll allow it" statement. Thats right... this is my section, I pay $300 a month for it. I can do with it as I wish... That means if I want to make something go bye-bye I can. This is an ad for my business, not a place where anyone has a right to bitch and moan. There is the whole rest of the internet for that. Now, many of you know and all can see that I don't make stuff go bye-bye. If I did there wouldn't be any of the many, many bitch, moan, and crybaby threads that linger from the delays of the first run. I am not about editing history is why I leave it. I know that way more people know my true character and situation and that is why I allow this stuff and don't remove it. 9 out of 10 times it shows that the poster is the unreasonable person and uninformed.

As far as contacting me here... It is not the best place. My email is your best bet.

In the past there has been a few people that thought they could call me out and make me bow down to them by posting certain things in my section. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not that guy! The very most of these people have recieved a big slap in their own face when their order was canceled and I called them out right back. Upon reading networkr's thread I didn't think, "that's it, I'm canceling his order". I tried to make that clear to him in an email also. I told him I canceled his order because he asked me to. I will admit though that I wondered if I would have to cancel his order later. I have found that more often than not an impatient person is simply that, an impatient person. You can smooth them over but usually they are up in arms again before you even turn around.

I've said this before also but maybe I should say it again. I'm a nice guy.. If I can I'll bend over backwards to help someone, but I'm not nice to the point of weakness. I don't let people walk on me. I usually don't easily forget or forgive either. Not many that enter my watch list ever leave it.

I know some will read this and think, "this guy is crazy" and thats alright. Because I know that most that read it will think :super::super::super: right on!!!

Email me Mike!

Order number EV-2873

**** update 11/9/08****

Sorry, but I have to add my own response to the way things really are here. Me answering the emails had nothing to do with it being posted here. Let me explain a few thing. During the week I have to deal with A LOT of people that I can only deal with during business hours through the week. This is the most important thing right now. If I sat at home and answered emails and phone calls all day as they came in, not a single drum would ever be made again. I had already planned on trying to get my emails current this past weekend (which I did). I answered over 250 of them yesterday alone!!!! The Friday before last I spent all day answering emails. How many people can say they had an email answered from me yesterday or last Friday? Hundreds! I do answer what I can through the week as well. But it is far from priority through the week for the reason stated above.

Also I rarely look at the forum during the week as well. I try to scan it each day to see if there is something that needs tended too such as this issue. But I don't recommend posting this type of thing here. This wasn't an urgent matter. We are well over a month away from a shipping date for the second run. I can see if I was going to start shipping in the next day or two.

Also to explain the plan that was spoke of.... The first email I received from networkr mentioned nothing of an address change. It only said he was moving and he wanted to cancel his order. Which I did per his request and issued a refund. As I worked through the list I came to other emails from him that stated he would like to change his address or cancel his order if he couldn't. It was after a few of these that I guess that they was from networkr. The plan was I said after he was moved and with a new address to let me know and I would update his address on the order and reinstate it. If you ask me it is more of a favor rather than a plan. This favor will take even more of my time and tending to make happen. I don't mind that one bit. But others should see and know that I really don't have to pull any favors to sell these drums. But I like to try and help all I can.

As far as this little poll... I'll allow it, not that it really matters or will change anything. I only have so much time as I've stated. Some may wonder about my , "I'll allow it" statement. Thats right... this is my section, I pay $300 a month for it. I can do with it as I wish... That means if I want to make something go bye-bye I can. This is an ad for my business, not a place where anyone has a right to bitch and moan. There is the whole rest of the internet for that. Now, many of you know and all can see that I don't make stuff go bye-bye. If I did there wouldn't be any of the many, many bitch, moan, and crybaby threads that linger from the delays of the first run. I am not about editing history is why I leave it. I know that way more people know my true character and situation and that is why I allow this stuff and don't remove it. 9 out of 10 times it shows that the poster is the unreasonable person and uninformed.

As far as contacting me here... It is not the best place. My email is your best bet.

In the past there has been a few people that thought they could call me out and make me bow down to them by posting certain things in my section. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not that guy! The very most of these people have recieved a big slap in their own face when their order was canceled and I called them out right back. Upon reading networkr's thread I didn't think, "that's it, I'm canceling his order". I tried to make that clear to him in an email also. I told him I canceled his order because he asked me to. I will admit though that I wondered if I would have to cancel his order later. I have found that more often than not an impatient person is simply that, an impatient person. You can smooth them over but usually they are up in arms again before you even turn around.

I've said this before also but maybe I should say it again. I'm a nice guy.. If I can I'll bend over backwards to help someone, but I'm not nice to the point of weakness. I don't let people walk on me. I usually don't easily forget or forgive either. Not many that enter my watch list ever leave it.

I know some will read this and think, "this guy is crazy" and thats alright. Because I know that most that read it will think :super::super::super: right on!!!

Guess saying I was satisfied wasn't good enough...

It wasn't good enough because you burned through a whole shit load of the man's time. You cost him a lot of money there. A lot more then the profit on your drum, I can assure you that. If every one of his customer's burned that much of his time, he would be out of business.

Tony Rumore

And some of you wonder why you get flamed and beat up on here!

Now, if you come here with a genuine problem or honest questions, you will get all the help you could wish for.

Don't come here with sand in your vagina or a chip on your shoulder.

You will leave with both the chip and the sand packed in more tightly than you can imagine!

It wasn't good enough because you burned through a whole shit load of the man's time. You cost him a lot of money there. A lot more then the profit on your drum, I can assure you that. If every one of his customer's burned that much of his time, he would be out of business.

Tony Rumore

EXACTLY! networkr said he would post good words on the forum after he received his drums. I asked him if he could at least make a follow up post stating I did get back to him. Figured it would be better coming from his mouth than mine. What does he do though.... Comes here and starts some stupid ass poll that isn't going to change one damn thing on my end. And posts this stupid ass load of shit...

" A day after I posted here, my email was answered, so apparently it's a good idea to take things to the boards when you're having trouble getting a hold of him. A little frustrating, but I eventually got him to reply and he offered a solution that was quite satisfactory. If things go per this new plan, I will become a happy customer when the second round of drums ship. "

So what do I have to do? Come back to the forum and write out all that stuff as a responce in an effort to keep people from "taking it to the boards". He also stated he "got me to reply" ..., wrong again. He would have received his replys the same day and in fact even sooner because I wouldn't have had to first post here in his thread. And then he says he will "become" a happy customer. If you ask me he should have "become" happy when I said I would reinstate his original order and he would keep his original spot in line (you know, the one he asked to cancel way before he asked for an address change). And that is an order he had no money down on like everyone else.

Let me make something clear here, networkr. Tony is exactly right. You have wasted my time severly. Do you know how many more emails I could have answered? How many responces to questions in my business section I could have answered? They are suffering already for responces. If I wasn't following after you!!! Most people are thankful of things I offered you. But you wasn't and seemed to take it as a personal victory or something. And clearly from your own words still wasn't happy and would only "become" happy after you order shipped. Don't hold your breath on "become"ing happy. Your order won't be reinstated. We are highly likely to see new bans that will make these drums illegal to produce a few short month after Obama takes office. I have not the time or the need to kiss your ass or bow down or make favor to those that think the are entitled. My drum business will most likely be out of business soon anyways. I suggest AA. They LOVE to talk on the phone and will tell you anything you want to hear!!!!!

Tony Rumore

EXACTLY! networkr said he would post good words on the forum after he received his drums. I asked him if he could at least make a follow up post stating I did get back to him. Figured it would be better coming from his mouth than mine. What does he do though.... Comes here and starts some stupid ass poll that isn't going to change one damn thing on my end. And posts this stupid ass load of shit...

" A day after I posted here, my email was answered, so apparently it's a good idea to take things to the boards when you're having trouble getting a hold of him. A little frustrating, but I eventually got him to reply and he offered a solution that was quite satisfactory. If things go per this new plan, I will become a happy customer when the second round of drums ship. "

So what do I have to do? Come back to the forum and write out all that stuff as a responce in an effort to keep people from "taking it to the boards". He also stated he "got me to reply" ..., wrong again. He would have received his replys the same day and in fact even sooner because I wouldn't have had to first post here in his thread. And then he says he will "become" a happy customer. If you ask me he should have "become" happy when I said I would reinstate his original order and he would keep his original spot in line (you know, the one he asked to cancel way before he asked for an address change). And that is an order he had no money down on like everyone else.

Let me make something clear here, networkr. Tony is exactly right. You have wasted my time severly. Do you know how many more emails I could have answered? How many responces to questions in my business section I could have answered? They are suffering already for responces. If I wasn't following after you!!! Most people are thankful of things I offered you. But you wasn't and seemed to take it as a personal victory or something. And clearly from your own words still wasn't happy and would only "become" happy after you order shipped. Don't hold your breath on "become"ing happy. Your order won't be reinstated. We are highly likely to see new bans that will make these drums illegal to produce a few short month after Obama takes office. I have not the time or the need to kiss your ass or bow down or make favor to those that think the are entitled. My drum business will most likely be out of business soon anyways. I suggest AA. They LOVE to talk on the phone and will tell you anything you want to hear!!!!!

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Mike,

I hope you are too busy to read this. If you aren't, please ignore the impatient people and keep doing what you have already done; which is to make thousands of people happy. I hope like crazy that a creative normal guy like yourself makes it big. You my friend, are a true American success story. Please just ignore the one, two, or three people that need constant nurturing and supply the thousands of extremely happy customers that await you.

Thank you and god bless you,

Dwayne

order #EV-2765

And some of you wonder why you get flamed and beat up on here!

Now, if you come here with a genuine problem or honest questions, you will get all the help you could wish for.

Don't come here with sand in your vagina or a chip on your shoulder.

You will leave with both the chip and the sand packed in more tightly than you can imagine!

......sand in your vagina .......lmao.......

Mike has exhibited a ton of patience and restraint. Personally, I would have zapped this whole thread and poll.

Mike is busting his ass to bring to market a product that is 100% reliable with a firearm that has horrible variances in specifications, and a huge variety of ammo. He is not a huge company with tons of workers packing boxes, looking over the molds, and assembling the drums. He is doing most of it himself. Keep wasting his time and guess what happens to the production schedule?

I've met Mike and he's a helluva guy. One of these days we're going shooting. Now, that is quality "time wasting" rather than internet bitching.

Caspian

Wow.....a post from Caspian....that's a blast from the past. Hope all is well with you, my friend.

You were the only guy that had ever heard of Tromix when I made my first post on this board in December of 2004. It's come a long way since then.

Tony

Wow.....a post from Caspian....that's a blast from the past. Hope all is well with you, my friend.

You were the only guy that had ever heard of Tromix when I made my first post on this board in December of 2004. It's come a long way since then.

Tony

Amen, brother. Who would have thought back then that we would have had reasonably priced 20 round drums?

Beleive it or not, i had the idea of a SBS Saiga before Hinkle. I just never moved anywhere with it. FWIW, i thought about camera phones too. Guess i should get off my ass with my ideas.

Anyway, you are still a legend with well earned respect. The S-12's are only about 5% of your skill.

One of these days i'd like to send an S-12 off to be 6" or 8" SBS by you. Everytime someone posts a pict of your artistry, i get an itch.

Later

Caspian

• 2 weeks later...
**** update 11/9/08****

Apparently, if you excercized a little patience and self-restraint by not being such a needy turd, you would have found that your perceived problem would have eventually been resolved without having to come here and whine about it in public. Thanks for helping to delay my (and others') drums being delivered by a few more days with your bullshit. :chris:

• 2 weeks later...
**** update 11/9/08****

Apparently, if you excercized a little patience and self-restraint by not being such a needy turd, you would have found that your perceived problem would have eventually been resolved without having to come here and whine about it in public. Thanks for helping to delay my (and others') drums being delivered by a few more days with your bullshit. :chris:

I ordered mine yesterday... and I haven't heard anything either. Just a slew of confirmation and order status emails....where's my personal phone call? So I voted for choice #4. :)

**** update 11/9/08****

I ordered mine yesterday... and I haven't heard anything either. Just a slew of confirmation and order status emails....where's my personal phone call? So I voted for choice #4. :)

:eek::lolol::lolol::lolol: That's funny, you might be surprised how true that it is in some cases!