First Hunting Trip

took the saiga out for the first time today for the first day of small game, all i can say is wow. its one of the best guns ive ever used, got 2 squirrels and a ruffed grouse. no malfunctions at all. i do have two small problems with it tho, first is the saftey, its not the easiest to flip off and take a shot quick but i learned to carry it by the receiver with my thumb on the safe but that brings up the other problem while i was carry'n it that way i hit the mag release twice and dropped the mag out on the ground.

PS i was the only 1 out of 4 who got any game :super:

...that brings up the other problem while i was carry'n it that way i hit the mag release twice and dropped the mag out on the ground.

Hmm... I need to engineer something for that... :angel:

its just that im used to haveing the safe on the trigger or near where its easy to get too. grouse are a quick shooting type of thing and that added time to pop the safe and move my hand back to the grip is a lil bit of a hassel,

BTW any word if you will have more of those raised front sites and muzzlebrakes, my friend is in gunsmithing school and wants to cut my brrl to legal and thread it internally to use a easy to find choke(remchoke, mossburg) i was thinking that would be nice to throw a MB on it after that

It's gonna be soon! (I hope!!!) The papaer work was submited to BATF 4 weeks ago - they said it would take 6 weeks - so I'm sitting and waiting for it to come back! :unsure:

that brings up the other problem while i was carry'n it that way i hit the mag release twice and dropped the mag out on the ground.

What do you have your magazines loaded with to do that, depleted uranium shot? :D

I personally could use a prybar to get my magazines out (but then maybe I'm just not shooting it enough if it hasen't loosend up yet?). :unsure:

Edited by Gaddis