Conversion Services. Who does this???

My Saiga hasn't even shipped yet, but the whole conversion process looks a little daunting. If I do decide to send my rifle and conversion parts to someone, who on this board will do such a service? If I already have the Tapco trigger group, and Tapco SAW pistol grip how much would it cost to have these installed in the original AK positions?

Thanks,

Chris

My Saiga hasn't even shipped yet, but the whole conversion process looks a little daunting. If I do decide to send my rifle and conversion parts to someone, who on this board will do such a service? If I already have the Tapco trigger group, and Tapco SAW pistol grip how much would it cost to have these installed in the original AK positions?

Thanks,

Chris

I did my S12 and it took me about 3 hours to do. I really enjoyed doing it and it also made me understand how my s12 works. I can't wait until i can purchase a s223 and do the conversion myself.

Thanks,

Steve

The photo thread I looked at shows a drill press being used. I have a drill and a Dremel tool, but not much more. Is this enough?

You will need a hammer, a dremel tool, screw driver, small socket set and a cool head. I did mine with out any directions.

You might want to get a Tromix do it your self trigger guard from Tromix.

The photo thread I looked at shows a drill press being used. I have a drill and a Dremel tool, but not much more. Is this enough?

You will need a hammer, a dremel tool, screw driver, small socket set and a cool head. I did mine with out any directions.

Well, I have all those tools, so I guess I'm good. I plan on trying this conversion. I assembled my AR lower, so I guess I might as well give this a try.

I should get a trigger guard too, I think.

Thanks guys,

Chris

The trigger guard gave me the most trouble. I ended up just cuting off the long tab and bending it out to press tight up against the mag-release.

Works perfectly and saved me both a screw and the work of drilling the hole under the mag catch.

It seemed pretty daunting at the time, but once you've done your first conversion you'll realize how easy it really is.

Well, I have all those tools, so I guess I'm good. I plan on trying this conversion. I assembled my AR lower, so I guess I might as well give this a try.

I should get a trigger guard too, I think.

Thanks guys,

Chris

If you put together an AR lower, you shouldn't have any trouble doing a conversion. It's much easier. Just make sure you have GOOD drill bits. I broke 3 cheapies doing mine.