I started stocking up about a year ago for all of my guns, and now have a good supply of SHTF ammo. It stays in the closet in air tight ammo cans with anti-rust ozone generating tablets.

I am having a hard time finding decent prices on ammo for regular plinking/practice purposes though...

Speaking on prices going up in the gun world, I'm no expert in capitalism or economics but you'd think the gun prices would go down with this panic fear of a ban situation. I guess if everyone wasn't panicking that is. If the companies have all these guns that might be banned, wouldn't the price go down so they can ensure they'll get rid of them all before a ban? I guess that just can't happen because of all the people who wait 'til the ban scare and then go buy bunches of rifles etc. Same with the ammo. Yay or nay?

If everyone would just stop PANICKING it would not dry up and prices would not go up. But no, people bed wet and cause this chaos. Same thing with the gas situation in the south-east two months ago.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Here's the other kicker- ammo prices should be WAY down! The run up in costs last year and this were supposedly due to 1. wars driving up demand, and 2. commodity prices for copper, brass, lead, etc. being driven by international demand, primarily from the emerging economies. Well, if you look at the markets you'll note that all that stuff is trading at about 1/2 or even less than the peak, yet we're still paying top dollar. We started to see a little easing of prices a few weeks ago, but the election changed all that. The prices really could go down due to folks trying to unload what will be unsellable items, but the demand seems to drive it. I see that some merchants are now charging $100 for a folding Ruger 10/22 stock while Natchez has discounted them to $65! Any price hikes since the election are all greed and hype.

SHOOTERBOY,

You couldnt be more right! I deal metals for a living. The mills are so overloaded with brass right now, I cant even sell. One of the world's largest brass operations (in China) just shut down this month. Lead is way down too. This is the worst market for metals in 10 years.

This price hike has more to do with fear of Obama's policy that the cost of manufacture.

I started stocking up about a year ago for all of my guns, and now have a good supply of SHTF ammo. It stays in the closet in air tight ammo cans with anti-rust ozone generating tablets.

I am having a hard time finding decent prices on ammo for regular plinking/practice purposes though...

Would you care to tell us where you get the rust inhibiting tablets, and how much they cost? Thanks bro.

I doubt there is going to be a total ban anytime soon. I think the liberal retards learned something the first time. They had the same control over congress when Bill Clinton (spit) was elected. Then came the ban, and they lost control of the congress the next round of elections. They will sneak it in a step at a time. Then one day the sheeple will wake up and wonder what happened. Not an argument against stocking up, but just a feeling.

I doubt there is going to be a total ban anytime soon. I think the liberal retards learned something the first time. They had the same control over congress when Bill Clinton (spit) was elected. Then came the ban, and they lost control of the congress the next round of elections. They will sneak it in a step at a time. Then one day the sheeple will wake up and wonder what happened. Not an argument against stocking up, but just a feeling.

AKA

I really like your notion that the liberals have learned something but I'm afraid you're giving them way too much credit. The anti advocates are licking their lips waiting for the opportunity to propose legislation. I think the only thing saving us in the short run is the horrible state of the economy, the wars and the new social agenda. Income redistribution (how to pay for the economy and they wars and the social agenda) will also be a busy task. But trust me, they'll get to us in due time.

Hell, I'm stocking up! I can't imagine the prices going down.

Sportsmans guide 7.62 x 39 just over $200.00 a thousand happy shooting!!!!!!!!!!

There's still a couple of good deals:

AIM surplus has

Item#A762x39Rom

New Production 7.62x39 ammunition manufactured under the Hot Shot brand in Romania. Features a 123grn Full Bi-Metal Jacket bullet, Laquer coated steel case, and Non-Corrosive Berdan primer. Packaged 20rds/box, and 700rds/can 700rd can SALE: $129.95

AMMOMAN has 1,000 for $249 delivered

I just ordered 1260 from Samco Global (Brass Yugoslovian) for $263 plus shipping

EVERYONE,

Stop panicking. Calm down. He does not take office until Jan 20, 2 months away. Its AMMO, not guns or magazines. Obama will have plenty on his plate(war, economy) to be worried about doing away with guns.

If they immediately went after guns it would show that they don't have their priorities straight and plummet his support.

Calm down, we have plenty of time. Tell your friends, just calm down.

EVERYONE,

Stop panicking. Calm down. He does not take office until Jan 20, 2 months away. Its AMMO, not guns or magazines. Obama will have plenty on his plate(war, economy) to be worried about doing away with guns.

If they immediately went after guns it would show that they don't have their priorities straight and plummet his support.

I think Shellshock is right. We need to stay calm about this after all we do still have 2 months before "Adolf" Oboma

gets in office. I thing he will have enough shit on his plate.

i am all for calming down. but the gander mountain in harrisburg has been selling out of everything. even as someone who knows that being calm is the best thing to day i have the feeling that to many idiots are out there who just dont get it. i believe that people will drive prices so far up that when us calm people do decide to buy it'll cost us more and or product wont be there at all. we are almost completely out of 38 specia l ammo. we've never been in this situation before. vendors cant send stuff fast enough for us.

EVERYONE,

My thoughts exactly! BTW what part of NC are you from? Im from shelby,1 hr from charlotte.

EVERYONE,

Shellshock,

You're right. As I mentioned earlier, prices should be down because of the commodity demand worldwide, and Osama I mean Obama will definitely have his plate full with economics. However, as an investor I like to buy low and sell high, and I'm just afraid that right now is a low. I hope I'm wrong, but I want to have something to practice with and not pay a buck a round in a year or two as well as have something set aside for what may come.

If the pandemonium abates and prices drop to less than 1/2 as the market would suggest then nobody will be happier than me! But in the meantime I'll be hedging my bet!

EVERYONE,

My thoughts exactly! BTW what part of NC are you from? Im from shelby,1 hr from charlotte.

Boone.

post-10790-1226623094.jpg

I too am thinking Osama Obama will have a lot on his plate to start out. He is aware of the scrutiny he is under from the 2A community out there. I will still keep my eyes open never the less for ammo deals as my budget will allow. We have a rough 4 years ahead and I still think he will do his darndest to do us harm without making it seem that way. He is a manipulator and a slick talker but his past is there for us all to see.

Edited by Berzerker
EVERYONE,

I hear what you have repeatedly posted many, many times, "Stop panicking. Calm down.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I don't agree and if I wish to purchase $50,000 worth of ammuition, what is it to you? By what tremendous qualification do you encourage sheeple to follow you? Age? Experience? Common Sense? God (heaven forbid) given revelation? Share with us the vast reserve of your crystal ball knowledge. Many agree and many do not, who made you the professor? We all hear your perspective and have considered itl Were you around and involved in the 1994 ban, the temporary 1988 AWB ban, the 1968 GCA? Let each individual follow their own gut geeling and destiny.

Edited by 1911
EVERYONE,

I hear what you have repeatedly posted many, many times, "Stop panicking. Calm down.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I don't agree and if I wish to purchase $50,000 worth of ammuition, what is it to you? By what tremendous qualification do you encourage sheeple to follow you? Age? Experience? Common Sense? God (heaven forbid) given revelation? Share with us the vast reserve of your crystal ball knowledge. Many agree and many do not, who made you the professor? We all hear your perspective and have considered itl Were you around and involved in the 1994 ban, the temporary 1988 AWB ban, the 1968 GCA? Let each individual follow their own gut geeling and destiny.

You are free to do as you wish. Did I ever say that I have all the answers? I merely expressed my opinion and advice to shooters.

Ultimately, a panic will drive prices up, which hurts all gun owners. Its simple economics.

Whatever grudge you seem to have against me, I suggest you drop it, it won't do you any good.

I don't think you'll see a drop in prices until legislation gets proposed.

Its AMMO, not guns or magazines.

There has been some talk that they may try to ban ammo or put ridiculous taxes on it.

Edited by Jeff M

No one knows what will happen, obviously. That said, as far as ammo goes, some things are likely to happen. Increasing taxes on ammo and banning the import of ammo being the two most likely restrictions. I'm not buying anything at overly inflated prices, but that doesn't mean I'm not nervous.

No one knows what will happen, obviously. That said, as far as ammo goes, some things are likely to happen. Increasing taxes on ammo and banning the import of ammo being the two most likely restrictions. I'm not buying anything at overly inflated prices, but that doesn't mean I'm not nervous.

Bingo. I'm not panicked at all, but if I see a good deal, I'm buying. Picked up an extra 1500 rounds of 7.62 at Academy when it was on sale ($161.00/1000), because it's a better price than I've been paying lately. I've laid in at least 1000 rounds for each of my calibers of choice (9mm, 7.62x39, 7.62x54r). It's not all I want, but it'll do for now... unless I find a good deal again.

What I'm *not* doing is buying into the panic and grabbing whatever is around at whatever price is being charged today. Most of us here knew there were likely to be changes coming, and have known it pretty much since the AWB sunsetted in '04, so we've been quietly buying up the things we want in anticipation of them not being available (at least cheaply) for much longer.

I *DON'T* think an outright ban (or a confiscation order) is coming, but I *DO* think that SOMETHING will come; we've already seen an expanded AWB bill introduced into Congress in June. I don't think my firearms of choice will be outlawed overnight, but I don't think they'll be as easy to get in the future, either. That's why I've made an effort to get what I want while the gettin's been relatively good.

The people who are panicking now seem to be the ones who never, ever would have even WANTED an "assault weapon" until the fear of not being able to get one set in. And the harder they are to find, the more people try to jostle and deal for what's out there.

If I were a smarter man than I am, I'd have taken money out of retirement and stock market and bought pallets of ammo and rifles, and I'd be MAKING money in this economy, instead of watching its worth plummet...

Mike

Edited by Kwicko

Bingo. I'm not panicked at all, but if I see a good deal, I'm buying. Picked up an extra 1500 rounds of 7.62 at Academy when it was on sale ($161.00/1000), because it's a better price than I've been paying lately. I've laid in at least 1000 rounds for each of my calibers of choice (9mm, 7.62x39, 7.62x54r). It's not all I want, but it'll do for now... unless I find a good deal again.

What I'm *not* doing is buying into the panic and grabbing whatever is around at whatever price is being charged today. Most of us here knew there were likely to be changes coming, and have known it pretty much since the AWB sunsetted in '04, so we've been quietly buying up the things we want in anticipation of them not being available (at least cheaply) for much longer.

I *DON'T* think an outright ban (or a confiscation order) is coming, but I *DO* think that SOMETHING will come; we've already seen an expanded AWB bill introduced into Congress in June. I don't think my firearms of choice will be outlawed overnight, but I don't think they'll be as easy to get in the future, either. That's why I've made an effort to get what I want while the gettin's been relatively good.

The people who are panicking now seem to be the ones who never, ever would have even WANTED an "assault weapon" until the fear of not being able to get one set in. And the harder they are to find, the more people try to jostle and deal for what's out there.

If I were a smarter man than I am, I'd have taken money out of retirement and stock market and bought pallets of ammo and rifles, and I'd be MAKING money in this economy, instead of watching its worth plummet...

Mike

Ain't that the truth! This has issue has been discussed for at least the last year and I am in agreement that most of us already have the weapons/ammo that we want. I am also strongly in favor of free market forces being given full reign as they have given us the Tulip Mania if 1637 and the Beanie Baby Mania of a few years ago. THere is always a chance to make money regardless of the market forces if as you say "you're smart enough".

Edited by 1911