I don't think Obama needs legislation. Didn't Clinton sign an executive order banning Chinese rifles and ammo? http://www.conservativeusa.org/eo/clinton.htm

Some are speculating, some are hoping, that Obama will do the same.

Personally, I am not running out and buying everything I need forever, but I did get some parts for an AR-15 and an 800 round tin of 7.62 that bring my total of 7.62 to 1200 rounds along with just a 20 round box of .223.

If I had only known last December what I know now, like Kwicko, I would have done similarly with my financial planning!

However, I didn't, and I have 10 calibers to feed: .22, .25, .380, 9mm, 38spl, .357, 7.62.54, 7.62.39, .410, 12gauge, and 30/30, with the bulk of my supply is in the .22, 38spl, 9mm, and X39. I don't know whether they'll want to treat all ammo similarly, or focus on handgun and assault rounds, so I've focused on those three lately.

If everyone were to call their Congressman and Senators, then there would be less panic. Obama is going to have more than enough on his plate as someone else pointed out. In addition, he will be loath to piss off the conservative Blue Dog Democrats so early in the game as well. In case folks already forgot, this block of Democrats joined forces with the Republicans to kill the first edition of the Bail-out Plan. Then they joined forces again and killed the 2nd edition. He will also run the risk of losing the support of some Southern, Midwest and Western state Democrats as well since many of them have many pro-gun constituents to worry about.

I've already spoken to my own Hill contacts and have been assured that they intend to oppose any 2A restrictions. Also, let's not forget the Supreme Court decision in Heller. Personally, if I find a good deal, I'll get it. Otherwise, I'll wait til the panic drops. Wait till December when Xmas shopping is in full swing and you might find these folks selling their ammo and AK's for Xmas money.

If everyone were to call their Congressman and Senators, then there would be less panic. Obama is going to have more than enough on his plate as someone else pointed out. In addition, he will be loath to piss off the conservative Blue Dog Democrats so early in the game as well. In case folks already forgot, this block of Democrats joined forces with the Republicans to kill the first edition of the Bail-out Plan. Then they joined forces again and killed the 2nd edition.

Uh, the 2nd version passed.

If everyone were to call their Congressman and Senators, then there would be less panic. Obama is going to have more than enough on his plate as someone else pointed out. In addition, he will be loath to piss off the conservative Blue Dog Democrats so early in the game as well.

Correct-a-mundo! Don't complain here, complain in a written letter or a phone call to your Senators and Representatives. I've been telling mine that while I'm generally a laid-back guy, that attitude doesn't apply to my Second Amendment rights, and if they vote against those, I will absolutely be voting against THEM next time around. I'm in a red state, and both my Senators are Republicans, but my Representative is a Democrat, and he NEEDS every single vote he can get - even from folks like me. On the plus side, he DID vote against the Wall Street bailout both times, so he can't be all bad...

Laws and decisions are made by those who show up. Make sure your voice is heard, loud and clear.