tapco piston longer than stock??

is the picture your showing next to the old piston still in the carrier? b/c if it is, i think there is a slight difference in the threads so its even........i could be wrong but that should be correct, the AMD piston seems too short

the picture is with the old piston still in the carrier but the replacement placed as if it was screwed in as far as it could possibly go. see picture.

post-13578-1226379675_thumb.jpg

okay, so it looks like my new piston wont work. :( looks like i'll be calling tapco tomorrow. anyone familliar with there customer service? is it gonna be a fight to get the new one or not?

STOP.

It'll work just fine.

The difference is negligible and won't affect the functionality at all.

I've used AKM length pistons in all my builds, both AKM and AK-74 type rifles, and they all run just fine.

Gunnysmith provides his opinion for the purists who have to have it "as close to factory as possible".

Gunnysmith provides his opinion for the purists who have to have it "as close to factory as possible".

I merely provide the visual.

I don't second guess the designer.

What will work is a different story.

My personal builds are based on what the designer intended.

But that is me, not everyone else is required to comply with my building criteria.