MD-20 3" Drums???

I remember Mike stating that he could have made his drums functional for both 2 3/4" and 3" shells but he decided to limit them to 2 3/4" only???? Mentioned that instead he had planned to make a second drum that was also compatible with the 3" shells.

Questions are twofold.

#1. Why doesn't he simply make both types of shells function in his new mags?

#2. When does he plan to release the 3" drum??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have been hoping to see a 3" drum announcement for some time as I really want to load up with 3" magnums! In a perfect world the drum would accept both 2.75" & 3" rounds intermixed with no problems. I will be the first on the pre-order list to get these drums whenever they are ready to see the light of day!

• 2 weeks later...
I have been hoping to see a 3" drum announcement for some time as I really want to load up with 3" magnums! In a perfect world the drum would accept both 2.75" & 3" rounds intermixed with no problems. I will be the first on the pre-order list to get these drums whenever they are ready to see the light of day!

Does your perfect world have the current Commander-in-Chief-elect involved? Either way, you are free (for now) to develope and introduce your own product to the free (for now) market. I'll take two and I want them YESTERDAY and I'll e-mail and post every day to see how you're coming along with them. Sound godd? I thought so. :devil:

Now this is just a wild assed guess, but if you had a drum with 3 inch shells, perhaps the recoil from the magnum shells would be too severe on the drum lips holding it in the shotty considering how far down the drum hangs and the mass that would be kicked back and forth every shot.

• 1 month later...
What are your thoughts, Mike? Had a chance to look into this at all yet? Thanks!

can Mike just make the cartridge an 8 gauge necked down to 12 gauge to fit the bore? so we'll get more girth?? and it'll still fit in the second run drums? I think that'd be great.

and when is he coming round to Flagstaff so he can hold my baby boy at the ticker tape parade?

thanks Mike!!

What are your thoughts, Mike? Had a chance to look into this at all yet? Thanks!

One could always use the factory mags for 3" shells instead of having a new drum developed. With the cost of ammo currently, the 2.75" value packs don't last too long when I'm using my drums. The opportunity is still there for someone to produce the 3" drum...get on it. :devil:

can Mike just make the cartridge an 8 gauge necked down to 12 gauge to fit the bore? so we'll get more girth?? and it'll still fit in the second run drums? I think that'd be great.

and when is he coming round to Flagstaff so he can hold my baby boy at the ticker tape parade?

thanks Mike!!

I'll take two... :blues:

thanks Mike!!

Nice attempt at humor, but there are a LOT of 3" shells out there as it is a common size and most shotguns and shotgun mags can accept both, and it's not hard to do since the shells are basically the same size (in fact, many roll crimped 2 3/4" shells are as long or even longer than must star crimped 3" shells). Mike stated himself that he was considering making his drum able to accept 2 3/4" AND 3" shells right out the get go but then decided for some reason to start with a 2 3/4" drum only and then release a version that can accept both (can prob make more money that way).

So I wanted to see how far along in the 3" version he's come so far.