• 5 months later...

The value of imported weapons parts must be less than $200 otherwise it requires import licensing.

They have International UPS, Fed-Ex and DHL right here in Baghdad.

No receivers or barrels though. (Also won't be sending the FCG as I see no need due to 922r compliance) I'm thinking De-milling some Bulgy Krinks.

I am good friends with an IP armorer so we can do the De-Mill very builder friendly.

I just need to find a third party (Like one of my IP friends) to ship the stuff.

It's that or let them be crushed.

This is right up there on the Lord of War legality scale.

I'm working on 2 phases.

1. Finding a few of the best Krinks.

2. Making sure I'm legal enough that no one can press charges if it blows up in my face.

:ph34r:

ETA: Any other AK's I should look for. Dragunovs, Al-Kadesih and Tabuk are already on my list.

Edited by KrisFox
The value of imported weapons parts must be less than $200 otherwise it requires import licensing.

No receivers or barrels though. (Also won't be sending the FCG as I see no need due to 922r compliance) I'm thinking De-milling some Bulgy Krinks.

I am good friends with an IP armorer so we can do the De-Mill very builder friendly.

I just need to find a third party (Like one of my IP friends) to ship the stuff.

I'm working on 2 phases.

2. Making sure I'm legal enough that no one can press charges if it blows up in my face.

ETA: Any other AK's I should look for. Dragunovs, Al-Kadesih and Tabuk are already on my list.

Count me in!

Vultite,

Your in country? Baghdad? I'm at AA (Camp Lejeune FWD), you ever get over this way?

Also, we were talking about it here and someone brought up the "War Trophy" aspect. Just needs the CO sign off, it comes home with the Command and is handed off to a FFL/SOT and then a copy of all signed Mil docs go to the ATF for final transfer approval from what I understand.

Anyone bring back a war trophy before? Care to explain?

I'm working on 2 phases.

Count me in!

I second that, waste not want not :smoke:

I had looked into having someone send back SVD components from Afghanistan several years ago. Long story short, you will not be able to get a writeoff on gun parts for guns that cannot be imported, even the stocks....

Good luck with your endeavours guys! I hope you can get it figured out legally and make some money. Something you might want to check into is SKS gas system and bolt parts. There are no spares really to speak of in the US, and to fix an SKS, you usually have to make the shit, or cannibalise another one. That may be a viable item, and uncle sam should still be able to declare said weapons they came out of as destroyed.