trigger guards for conversion

I want to convert my Saiga 7.62x39 to PG, but would rather get a new trigger guard than modify the Saiga one. Call me a purist, but I'd prefer to have a stock AK trigger guard with the mag catch lever built in.

Does anyone know who might have trigger guards in stock? I've been looking online, but the tromix seem to be out of stock, and K-Var's trigger guards don't have the mag catch lever...

Many thanks,

Carl

Check out this thread here. I have alot of details of how to attach a 'new' trigger guard, using either the 'rivet' method or the 'welding' method.

Monster Saiga Conversion Thread

Here's a photo of the two I did. The top one is a totally new trigger guard that I rivited. Alot of work. The bottom one is a trigger guard that I welded to the existing Saiga mag latch post. Easier and better in my opinion (as long as you're good with a welder and file).

holesbottom.jpg

-Thirtycal

Edited by ThirtyCal
Check out this thread here. I have alot of details of how to attach a 'new' trigger guard, using either the 'rivet' method or the 'welding' method.

Monster Saiga Conversion Thread

Here's a photo of the two I did. The top one is a totally new trigger guard that I rivited. Alot of work. The bottom one is a trigger guard that I welded to the existing Saiga mag latch post. Easier and better in my opinion (as long as you're good with a welder and file).

holesbottom.jpg

-Thirtycal

I like your work 30cal. Very well done.

...tromix seem to be out of stock, and K-Var's trigger guards don't have the mag catch lever...

Tromix doesn't make a trigger guard for the rifle, only for the S-12.

The KVAR ones do have the housing for the mag catch, just use the catch that came with the saiga.

I just noticed that DSA has them: http://www.dsarms.com/AK-Parts--Accessories/products/23/4/0

Edited by BobAsh