This Weeks Dicks Sporting Goods Ad

Here's one for you from this weeks Dicks Sporting Goods Ad:

http://dickssportinggoods.shoplocal.com/DS...id%3dDSG-081108

I went to the store today (one with a Bass Pro Shop across the street) and they were $2.98 / box instead of the $3.98 in the ad. Use the infamous Coaches Gift card (just Google Dicks Sporting Goods Coaches Certificate) for $10.00 off a $25.00 sale, after tax and after the mail in rebate you will get 9 five round boxes of of shotgun ammo for $0.18 TOTAL, works out to .004 cents per round! If you had to pay the $3.98 price per five round box, it will still work out to be less than .22 cents per round, not bad but not as good as $.004!

If someone comes up with a better one than this, please post it!

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=754368

Edited by Fatboy

I went to the store today (one with a Bass Pro Shop across the street) and they were $2.98 / box instead of the $3.98 in the ad. Use the infamous Coaches Gift card (just Google Dicks Sporting Goods Coaches Certificate) for $10.00 off a $25.00 sale, after tax and after the mail in rebate you will get 9 five round boxes of of shotgun ammo for $0.18 TOTAL, works out to .004 cents per round! If you had to pay the $3.98 price per five round box, it will still work out to be less than .22 cents per round, not bad but not as good as $.004!

Fatboy,

A big fat Thank You for the heads up :exciting:

Much appreciated compared to the occasional poster bragging about a deal without providing helpful info to others.

Visited the closest Dick's (no jokes please) this AM with the coupon. They were already out of 00buck but got the 9 boxes of Remy slugs - .18 cents per sluggo is too good to pass up - especialy in this current market :cryss:

I also grabbed a couple boxes of .308 on sale for $15 with a $5 per box mail-in rebate so $1 per round is not bad either.

......get em while they're hot !!!

Cheers

HarvKY

P.S., pvt joker - theres no expiration date on the coupon that he cited for us. Of course the mail-in rebates have the usual "per household" limits, etc.

Fatboy,

A big fat Thank You for the heads up :exciting:

Much appreciated compared to the occasional poster bragging about a deal without providing helpful info to others.

Visited the closest Dick's (no jokes please) this AM with the coupon. They were already out of 00buck but got the 9 boxes of Remy slugs - .18 cents per sluggo is too good to pass up - especialy in this current market :cryss:

I also grabbed a couple boxes of .308 on sale for $15 with a $5 per box mail-in rebate so $1 per round is not bad either.

......get em while they're hot !!!

Cheers

HarvKY

P.S., pvt joker - theres no expiration date on the coupon that he cited for us. Of course the mail-in rebates have the usual "per household" limits, etc.

Glad it worked out for you. I actually called the number on the Dicks Rebate Coupon and the lady told me there was no limit per household but there was the limit of nine boxes per rebate form. She told me just to submit multiples and it would be OK. Please call and check for yourself though. In my small mind, I figure that I would only send two per envelope as not to get chastised and disallowed for using more than two of the coaches certificates at the rebate center.

Still not bad, 90 rounds of shotgun ammo for $0.78 including postage!

Man, I went in there tonight, and got a bunch of boxes of shells. Some of them were priced $1.99 or $2.49 with a Galyan's sticker. The guy at the register just rang them all up for $1.99 a box. Sweet. Do you think Remington will still give me my $2 a box rebate?

AMEN to Fatboy! HOLY FUCK! LOL

I go into dicks with my preprinted Coach coupon, get 9 boxes off the shelf, go to the checkout... $28.96 then I hand over the coach coupon... $18.96...

After I get back my $18.00 I will have paid 96 CENTS for 45 slugs! Thats TWO CENTS A ROUND!!!!

SO I had Tina try to do the same about ten minutes later... gave her a $20.00 and another coach's coupon... they told her they couldnt use the coach coupon on the sale priced ammo?!?!? :unsure: WTF?!?!? Different people on register... who knew... I will try back again later or go to the other store... still... 10.96 for 45 rounds is a great deal too!!! a little more than a buck ten a box! :up: 22 cents a round!!!

:smoke:

Well I reload slugs cast with a lee slug mold. Cost of the lead in the slugs is .0165 each wads .0136 primer .025 .038 for powder... Comes to .0931 (give or take a bit) so even still I can't beat that (I do make more than 45 though... More like 300+ at a time)

But it's rare to find anything sub 20 cents other than rimfire.

The wife and I walked in picked up 9 boxes each, plus 2 rain checks, walked to the cashier and paid $28.96 each, minus Coach Coupon.

$57.92 - $36.00 (mail in) = $21.92 for 18 BOXES !! !!

Funny part is this...our rain checks state that the regular price is $3.98 and the sale price is $1.98....NOT MAIL IN, THE IN-STORE SALE PRICE! So when they come in I'm cashing in on that deal ! ! !

18 additional boxes of 00 Buck FREE!!

FATBOY YOU ROCK MAN !! !! !! !! :super::super:

Edited by MCASgt New River
Man, I went in there tonight, and got a bunch of boxes of shells. Some of them were priced $1.99 or $2.49 with a Galyan's sticker. The guy at the register just rang them all up for $1.99 a box. Sweet. Do you think Remington will still give me my $2 a box rebate?

Pardon the ignorance....Whats a Galyan's sticker? :ph34r:

I'm assuming Dick's sporting goods used to be called Galyan's. It was a pricing sticker, instead of a Dick's logo, it had a Galyan's logo. I'd never heard of them before. I'm assuming the ammo is pretty old.

I'm assuming Dick's sporting goods used to be called Galyan's. It was a pricing sticker, instead of a Dick's logo, it had a Galyan's logo. I'd never heard of them before. I'm assuming the ammo is pretty old.

I am not trying to give you a hard time, but Galyan's went out of business maybe 15-20 years ago, but lets say 35 years ago just to be safe.

The ammo would still be fresh. How many times is the 7.62x39 surplus ammo dated in the 70-80's. Plus the advances in powder etc. I would give (even Wolf) ammo a shelf live of 75 years.

louielouie

I am not trying to give you a hard time, but Galyan's went out of business maybe 15-20 years ago, but lets say 35 years ago just to be safe.

The ammo would still be fresh. How many times is the 7.62x39 surplus ammo dated in the 70-80's. Plus the advances in powder etc. I would give (even Wolf) ammo a shelf live of 75 years.

louielouie

Jesus, 15 years ago? That's crazy. Well, I haven't shot any of them yet, but I'll take out a box and see how they work. I' m not really worried, but I'd still like to know how well they worked.

• 2 weeks later...

The Gaylans near me only went out in the last several years, replaced with the Dicks..

Ammo's good for 50 years, riiight? I'm still using my 7.62 FMJ's for my SKS, dated 1971 with no loss of accuracy or power, hehe.