Slugs in a Saiga 20

I'm a new Saiga-20 owner. I was wondering what slugs you guys recommend for shooting from a Saiga-20. My gun came with an unmarked choke from the facotry. Any help is appreciated.

Are you sure its a choke and not just a barrel nut? I was unaware of factory choke systems.

My gun came w/o a choke and I fire Remington Slugger 2-3/4" 5/8 oz rifled slugs. Mainly because this is the only brand of 20ga slugs carried at Academy. They seem to work fine, but I've probably only cycled ~20 of them ever due to price (and the fact I have no good justification for shooting slugs).

Most shotguns are fairly individual about what slugs they prefer, no way to tell without shooting some on paper, one box should give you baseline about what your gun likes and dis-likes. My S-12 LOVES Federal Premium Tru-Ball slugs, putting 5 shots through one hole at 35 yards, while shooting 4-5 inch groups with the wolf slugs (which I've had very good luck with out of other guns).

YMMV

I guess it would be more of a barrel nut. For some reason I was thinking that my owners manual called it a choke tube, but I was wondering how that would've worked as one, since the threads are on the outside of the barrel.

Anyway, has shooting slugs ever caused damage to any of your saigas? I was just going to shoot targets with them, I don't do any hunting that requires a slug, so if it will possibly damage my gun, I won't shoot them at all.

As long as your gun does not have a choke system (which I don't think it does) it won't damage your gun.

I have noticed if your barrel gets excessively dirty (say you put 500 rounds of cheapo bird shot through it in one sitting) and then you shoot slugs it will scratch the chrome... but this isn't serious damage imho, you'd get worse scratches from shooting steel / tungsten shot.