Custom Saiga 12 barrel extension with remington choke terminal

More info and PIX

It's a basic barrel extension that threads onto the Saiga M22

threading and allows for any Remington Choke to be threaded onto

the other end. A type of adapter. Very well made out of barrel stock.

It also has ports as you can probably see 12 total. As soon as I got it,

I screwed in a Wad Wizard.

http://www.wadwizard.com/wadwizardchokes.htm

I need to go and pattern my new set up.

The barrel extension is a prototype that I am helping to evaluate

for someone. I'm painting it and will soon enough pattern my

choke/wad retarder attached to it.

What is the purpose and benefits of this? Duck hunting?

This allows adding a Remington choke without having to

re-thread the barrel. There is a large variety of Remington

chokes on the market. The same could be done for

Win chokes. What benefits? Not having to modify the

Saiga itself if you do not want to, but still allowing

your Saiga to use a large variety of chokes that would

not be compatible without either re-threading or this

adapter. Chokes allow you to extend the usable range

of your Saiga 12 shotgun using buckshot or birdshot.

The polychoke has not worked nearly as good for me

as other devices. Better/tighter patterns can be a good

thing for distance in duck hunting, deer hunting, or even

3 gun matches. Not having to cut and re-thread your Saiga

is really the biggest benefit. Its not just a duck hunting thing.

Edited by my762buzz
  • 3 weeks later...

I been testing out my extension all week. It works perfect.

I threaded on a few different chokes and all is well.

Here are 2 patterns I got with federal power shok.

I just never could not get patterns like these with

my old polychoke I used to have.

post-6002-1228526855_thumb.jpg

post-6002-1228526867_thumb.jpg

Edited by my762buzz

I'm glad the extension is working out for you. This looks like something I'll be making a few more of, after the dust settle from the bama specials......LOL.......if I survive huntin season myself, wifey is gettin a little testy at the moment, me showing up for 4 or 5 hrs at home each day with a load of guns to ship an no deer meat is pluckin her nerves...................... :rolleyes: .....but after all these years, long as I still stink of cuttin oil an got jerky on my breath, instead of smellin of booze an broads, she should be ok with it........ :smoke:

I'm glad the extension is working out for you. This looks like something I'll be making a few more of, after the dust settle from the bama specials......LOL.......if I survive huntin season myself, wifey is gettin a little testy at the moment, me showing up for 4 or 5 hrs at home each day with a load of guns to ship an no deer meat is pluckin her nerves...................... :rolleyes: .....but after all these years, long as I still stink of cuttin oil an got jerky on my breath, instead of smellin of booze an broads, she should be ok with it........ :smoke:

That could come in handy. How much for these?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
What is the issue with the Polychoke? I've used them on other shotguns with good results but not the Saiga model.

I guess it doesn't give some hunters tight enough patterns? Imo, this extension/thread adapter would have to be a drastic improvement indeed to make it worth the increased length and necessity of carrying seperate chokes.

What is the issue with the Polychoke? I've used them on other shotguns with good results but not the Saiga model.

I guess it doesn't give some hunters tight enough patterns? Imo, this extension/thread adapter would have to be a drastic improvement indeed to make it worth the increased length and necessity of carrying seperate chokes.

Bingo.

While I do think that the Poly-choke isn't as good as individual remchokes, Having all my chokes on my gun at all times is a BIG +1 for me. I could see how this extension/adaptor would be $.$ for hunters/clay shooters, but the Polychoke works fine for what I need. 3gun type competition. :)

It doesnt seem to tighten the pattern enough for trap. At 25-35 yrds, it does it's job fine, but at 50, its about the same as without it.

It doesnt seem to tighten the pattern enough for trap. At 25-35 yrds, it does it's job fine, but at 50, its about the same as without it.

Hmm, that's strange, I have an ancient one on an old remington model 11 and it works great. Is that your experience with good copper plated turkey or steel shot (shot that does not deform as much as plain lead). Just wondering because I was planning on getting one for my S12 I am getting back from Cadiz soon and use it for Turkey and deer. I don't really expect virgin honeyhole tight groups like from a extra full choke but I would hope the full setting would give a decently tight group with turkey shot at 30 yards.

Well, after range trip, the results were inconclusive :)

At 25-27 yrds, a 2x3' poster board was covered in birdshot on all settings as well as without the choke. I noticed the shot spread was slighty tighter on the X-full closed setting , and it started spreading out after that. Coverage area stayed about the same on all settings.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...