Who has 7.62 saiga in stock?

All the distributors are out. The last shipment was all Saiga-12s. I have been searching for another one high and low. Gunbroker has some going up every once in a while, but they are usally asking a premium and getting it.

The next shipment of 7.62x39s with be in December, so I am told. Hopefully by then the hysteria will have died down some and everyone will be focused on regular AKs and not our precious Saigas. In the meantime, don't go running your mouth about how good Saigas are and how after they are the best AK you can get once properly converted. Lets just all keep it to ourselves and then buy up all the good rifles when they come in.

I'm looking for Saiga 7.62 and could not locate one.

Does anyone know where to find one in NIB?

What's reasonable price?

Is Arsenal saiga worth the extra money?

Ive seen more than a few 308's, 410, 20, and a few 12's no 7.62

More than likely you will not fine one,,, if you find one it will be expensive.

RAA told me the next batch of Saigas will be here next month.

The prices i have seen have been 380.00-425.00 @gun shows 400.00+

How much will they be?

Time will tell.:cryss:

• 2 weeks later...
All the distributors are out. The last shipment was all Saiga-12s. I have been searching for another one high and low. Gunbroker has some going up every once in a while, but they are usally asking a premium and getting it.

The next shipment of 7.62x39s with be in December, so I am told. Hopefully by then the hysteria will have died down some and everyone will be focused on regular AKs and not our precious Saigas. In the meantime, don't go running your mouth about how good Saigas are and how after they are the best AK you can get once properly converted. Lets just all keep it to ourselves and then buy up all the good rifles when they come in.

lol... I had over dozen of Aks but Saiga was the best.

Stupid me... I sold it a few months ago and now I need it back. :ph34r:

<snip>

In the meantime, don't go running your mouth about how good Saigas are and how after they are the best AK you can get once properly converted. Lets just all keep it to ourselves and then buy up all the good rifles when they come in.

Its been exactly that which has driven the Saigas out of stock and at escalating prices. it took me months to get mine - but I can't complain, 16", dimpled, and with the Y stamp.

Anytime I've ever seen a "which AK should I get" post - someone opens their mouth about the cheap, $200.00 Saiga and how easy it is to convert.

Now they can't be found.

You Saiga fans are victems of your own success.

Edited by nfafan

Have you tried pawn shops. My son and I went in to one here in town last week, they had two 7.62's a 16in and a 20in

The guy said the 20in was new asking 325 or so

the 16 in was used asking 280 or so I don't remember exactly but those prices are close.

have a great Thanksgiving

Edited by dillwad
Have you tried pawn shops. My son and I went in to one here in town last week, they had two 7.62's a 16in and a 20in

The guy said the 20in was new asking 325 or so

the 16 in was used asking 280 or so I don't remember exactly but those prices are close.

have a great Thanksgiving

I think at those prices I'd have walked out of the pawn shop with two Saigas!

My local dealer said the next shippment from RA will be higer priced. He was not sure but thought he'd have to sell for $479.00 - 7.62x39 16" standard stock. He was told the price from Russia is much higher. As these are 2008 rifles the last batch was from 2006 and early 2007. At the time the dollar was weak, inflation up, raw materials throught the roof and fuel and energy up. No election issue. Man times have changed!

"Now is not the time for doubt"

Frosty

post-11604-1227711025_thumb.jpg

I just picked up my first Saiga in 7.62 a couple days ago. There were several 7.62's on the shelf, they had recently got a shipment in. Here in San Antonio, they have a harder time keeping the .308 and .223's in stock. The 7.62's are $395 for short barrel w/monte carlo stock, $469 for the short barrel skeleton stock. The .308's and .223's are quite a bit more.

I go to this shop regularly and have been kicking myself since 4 Nov for not buying an AK style weapon previously. Could have saved a bunch of money. They had always had an abundance of AR's and AK's in stock in various forms/calibers but the shelves were empty up until last week. Then a bunch of WARS 10's and Saiga's came in. AR's are still like gold and now go for $1,700 minimum from this shop.

However, I was at Academy Sports recently and they had plenty of S&W M&P's and Bushmaster Optics Ready Carbines. Nice thing about Academy Sports, they're a big chain and don't raise their prices like the local shops. The Bushmaster ORC is still $899.

Just a comment on gun shops justifying the price raising by claiming their supplier has jacked up the price. I get this every time I go into a local shop. Even got it the week of 4 Nov when I commented on the price of all AR and AK varients going up $250-350 per gun. Of course at that time, all the guns on the shelf had been there for months and the guy I was talking to, know him from where I work, was only helping out that day and would have had no insight into historical pricing. I don't buy the distributor excuse for a minute, it's just something they're all programmed to tell us so we don't get mad at the shop owner. Shop owners know they're going pretty much out of the AR/AK business in a few months and are trying to get what they can while they can. Can't really blame them but at least they could be honest about it.

Edited by Myetball

Anyone in San Antonio or the surrounding areas can check out the Powder Horn. I just went back today and here's what they had on the rack:

Seven short barrel 7.62x39; $395

Three short barrel .223; $395

Two or three short barrel .308; $599

One or two long barrel .308; $619

One short barrel .308 w/skeleton stock; $649

(I'm positive of the 7.62, 223 and 308 skeleton prices, the long/short 308 I'm close if not right on)

Then I walked over to the pre-sale are for used guns. He had a few Saigas (7.62, 223, S12, and 308) waiting to be priced and put up for sale. I put my name/number on a used .308 w/skeleton stock. Hopefully I'll get first chance at it.

Unfortunately, the owner is anti-internet so no web site.

Then I walked over to the pre-sale are for used guns. He had a few Saigas (7.62, 223, S12, and 308) waiting to be priced and put up for sale. I put my name/number on a used .308 w/skeleton stock. Hopefully I'll get first chance at it.

Want to talk to the owner and see if he will sell over the phone to me? Will he ship to an FFL?

Discount Gun Sales in Seattle has both Arsenal and RAA versions. They want $379 for the RAA and $699 (and up) for the Arsenal. As of the middle of last week, they had the 16" RAA carbine and the SGL-10 on the wall in the Lake City/Seattle location; can't say about any other Arsenal models.

Edited by protected static

Want to talk to the owner and see if he will sell over the phone to me? Will he ship to an FFL?

The number is (210) 674-5220. I've never asked them about out of town sales but imagine if you get an FFL to send them their license they'll ship.