922(r) COMPLIANCE - AUTOMATIC CHECKLIST

Here's my take. While most of us shoot for fun, target, hunt etc. let's say you find yourself in an unimaginable situation and you have to use your "922" weapon to defend your or your family's lives. You do, it does and before you know it you're downtown answering questions. The anti-gun media and DA get wind a demonic assault weapon was used to gun down another "child" (an 18 year old career criminal with a rap sheet as long as your arm) in our streets. If it were up to me to prove you suspect enough to charge you, compliance with 922r is one of the first things I'd check. And if you're found non-compliant, badda bing, badda boom, you're facing a felony rap which casts a very dark cloud on how the shooting beef will go. This would be the "gotcha" Roan is talking about.

Admittedly this is giving a lot of credit to the "authorities", but just because some of them are misguided, deluded and ignorant about gun issues doesn't mean they're plain stupid.

I'm grateful that the chances of this happening are extremely slim and I hope it never happens to anyone or any of you.

But sometimes action must be taken based on what is possible, not what is likely.

• 4 months later...

so i had been using http://jobson.us/922r/ to check for compliance and thought i was good but after reading a post on this thread about it failing to have certain counted parts im wondering i have a saiga 5.45 still stock but i just ordered a tapco intrafuse handguard and stock/grip combo and some tapco 30round mags would i be in compliance with those parts all equiped or should i hold off on installing the pistolgrip/stock combo and 30round mags till i can remove more russian parts?

• 4 months later...

EDIT:

Found my answer, sorry if I stepped in it..... :D

Am I interpreting this correct,
I purchased a Saiga12 w/pistol grip, in order to use high cap. mags I need to do some mods or it is illegal, but, if using the stock 5 rnd. mag it's all good..

Edited by Slagathor
  • 2 weeks later...

NOOB ALERT!!! Noob here. Just a quick question. I recently installed a Kushnapup stock on my .223. I want to cut the tangs off. Does an extended length butt-pad count towards the oal of the gun? Heres a couple of pics. Wanting to get rid of the extension I cut from the factory stock. And yes I did look on here and couldn't find an answer. Might have missed it but looked none the less.

post-46444-0-26307100-1359147462_thumb.jpg

post-46444-0-15160800-1359147472_thumb.jpg

post-46444-0-79463500-1359147478_thumb.jpg