922(r) COMPLIANCE - AUTOMATIC CHECKLIST

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i'm a noob and i have a couple of questions. There's always one in the bunch...right?

The magazine is 3 parts so i would uncheck

Magazine

Follower

Floorplate

The FC comprise of which parts?

Trigger

Hammer

Disconnector

Just trying to figure what parts to uncheck for a 308.

I have a magpul stock, Dinzag's FC components but an Israeli PG. Once I convert it, can i use my original 8 rd mag since it's not considered high capacity? I assume that the 20 round US made mag is ok.

Plan on threading the barrel later for flash suppressor but shouldn't matter towards part count as long as the suppressor is US made.

i'm a noob and i have a couple of questions. There's always one in the bunch...right?

The magazine is 3 parts so i would uncheck

Magazine

Follower

Floorplate

The FC comprise of which parts?

Trigger

Hammer

Disconnector

Just trying to figure what parts to uncheck for a 308.

I have a magpul stock, Dinzag's FC components but an Israeli PG. Once I convert it, can i use my original 8 rd mag since it's not considered high capacity? I assume that the 20 round US made mag is ok.

Plan on threading the barrel later for flash suppressor but shouldn't matter towards part count as long as the suppressor is US made.

Opinions vary, but my reading of the law is that once you add a pistol grip you need to be in compliance (with 922r). You would not be in compliance using the factory mag (14 listed foreign parts - 3 for US made FCG -1 for US made stock + 1 for foreign pistol grip = 11 listed foreign parts.) A US made pistol grip, US made forend, or US made gas piston would get you there (with the foreign mag). You could also install a US made floor plate on the factory mag (I made my own, it's not too difficult).

• 1 month later...

Just letting you guys know you'll need to update the links.

thegunwiki.com's domain registration is gone (a friend with a hosting company registered it some time back, and said he'd leave it on his company's auto-renew list... unfortunately he's since redone his company, thus it's expired and I can't renew it).

All URLs pointing at thegunwiki.com will function fine now if you substitute gunwiki.net for thegunwiki.com.

Hence thegunwiki.com's Saiga compliance URLs... just change thegunwiki.com to gunwiki.net, leave the rest alone, and it'll still load.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

• Like 1

Just letting you guys know you'll need to update the links.

thegunwiki.com's domain registration is gone (a friend with a hosting company registered it some time back, and said he'd leave it on his company's auto-renew list... unfortunately he's since redone his company, thus it's expired and I can't renew it).

All URLs pointing at thegunwiki.com will function fine now if you substitute gunwiki.net for thegunwiki.com.

Hence thegunwiki.com's Saiga compliance URLs... just change thegunwiki.com to gunwiki.net, leave the rest alone, and it'll still load.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

THANK YOU!!! http://gunwiki.net/Gunwiki/BuildAkVerifyCompliance

Edited by TO THE FLOOR
  • 3 weeks later...

O wow, so once I put a USA foregrip on my Saiga 12, no more factory mag until I put on 3 more pieces??

If your factory hand guard breaks, and you replace it with a nice hand made (in the USA) wood hand guard, have you manufactured an "evil (non importable) shotgun"?

Edited by nalioth

O wow, so once I put a USA foregrip on my Saiga 12, no more factory mag until I put on 3 more pieces??

If your factory hand guard breaks, and you replace it with a nice hand made (in the USA) wood hand guard, have you manufactured an "evil (non importable) shotgun"?

Hell, I dunno. I was going by what this program told me. http://jobson.us/922r/

I am putting on a synthetic hand guard with 3 rails and a foregrip.

My definition of evil is probably to a much higher degree than most anyways.. :devil: hard to know what someone else would consider evil.

Edited by cholly_horse

My definition of evil is probably to a much higher degree than most anyways.. :devil: hard to know what someone else would consider evil.

The law is written down here in stickies just to be read.

To save you the trouble: Replacing the hand guard will not cause the rifle to become "unimportable" with the factory magazines.

The law is written down here in stickies just to be read.

To save you the trouble: Replacing the hand guard will not cause the rifle to become "unimportable" with the factory magazines.

Sweet, thats how I interpreted it. But that lil dropmenu program had me kinda worried. I shoot at an outdoor range alongside law enforcement. Thanks for the reply

• 4 weeks later...

Really now, is someone going to examine your gun every time you take it out? Ask to look in your gun safe, or check receips to see where each thing is made? Does anyone really pay any attention or care as long as you are a good citizen?

No one really cares here in Nevada as long as you are a good citizen and don't get in any trouble.I wouldn't walk around with a fully automatic weapon either.Please don't get the wrong impression by this post. I want to be law abiding, and if that's the law so be it. I will abide by it. Just seems like a silly law that does'nt make too much common sense.

Edited by Hudson Hornet
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Really now, is someone going to examine your gun every time you take it out? Ask to look in your gun safe, or check receips to see where each thing is made? Does anyone really pay any attention or care as long as you are a good citizen?

No one really cares here in Nevada as long as you are a good citizen and don't get in any trouble.I wouldn't walk around with a fully automatic weapon either.Please don't get the wrong impression by this post. I want to be law abiding, and if that's the law so be it. I will abide by it. Just seems like a silly law that does'nt make too much common sense.

I may think the law is stupid, but you need to follow it and here's why. In all your years, no one may ever inspect your weapons. However, what happens if the law starts looking at you for a crime you didn't commit? 922r can be used as a 'gotcha'. You may not have commited the crime they showed up for, but if they want to nail you, they check your weapon for 922r compliance. Remember, Al Capone was never convicted of any drug, alcohol, or weapon charge. They hit him with a 'gotcha' tax evasion rap. It will probably never happen, but you want to minimize any chance of this.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

My 922r calculator was down for the last few weeks, due to the server biting the dust, it is back online now.

http://jobson.us/922r/

Nalioth doesnt appear to be around here anymore, so i ask you (or anyone who knows), how is it that Saigas do not have rear trunnions?

I would still love to know why Saigas are said to not have a rear trunnion? Bueller .....Bueller?

• 3 weeks later...

My 922r calculator was down for the last few weeks, due to the server biting the dust, it is back online now.

Nalioth doesnt appear to be around here anymore, so i ask you (or anyone who knows), how is it that Saigas do not have rear trunnions?

I would still love to know why Saigas are said to not have a rear trunnion? Bueller .....Bueller?

a3806253-73-crickets%20chirping.gif?d=1297858437

• 1 month later...

a3806253-73-crickets%20chirping.gif?d=1297858437

Too cold for crickets anymore.

I cant believe no one has the answer to this....!?!?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...