Just a heads up here, maybe Im doing somthing wrong.

In todays internet, anything could be setting off your spyware scan.

Since you've not told us which spyware scanner you use, I'll tell you about one that uses 'user input' to fill out it's lists.

This means that if Dinzag pisses someone off (like Pelosi or MADD), all they have to do is enter his URL into their database to have it come up "infested".

Another alternative is 'third party advertising'. Not sure if Dinzag has this, but some "click for money" ad companies take ads from shady folks that just want to infect your computer. THe site owner using the ad service usually has no idea what ads are being served on their site.

From what i see, google is somehow redirecting me to this page DO NOT CLICK ON IT IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SPYWARE PROTECTION - AVG catches it - - - http://pro-scan-online.com/2009/1/en/_free...php?nu=77014701

Something is up and its not on our end - google is redirecting and has nothing to do with your machine.

It also happens with yahoo, ask.com and livesearch. Someone messed with his listing . . . . .

Edited by Highland Ranger
I got redirected to the same site. Trend Micro immediately popped up something about it being a virus, and quarantined some files.

I don't understand why google's first few hits are malware...?

Im always on the lookout for good PC protection....Whats Trend Micro??

You like it?? Obviously it caught something my AVG did not....

I got redirected to the same site. Trend Micro immediately popped up something about it being a virus, and quarantined some files.

I don't understand why google's first few hits are malware...?

Im always on the lookout for good PC protection....Whats Trend Micro??

You like it?? Obviously it caught something my AVG did not....

http://www.avast.com

1) free for personal use

2) Not US based ( no US mandated back doors )

3) self-updating

4) can run a boot time scan at users request

Trend Micro Internet Security in a "pay for" program that Max (Makc) suggested for me when having issues. I've not been steered wrong by it yet. ANd yes it did show Dinzags site to be infected. I sent him an e-mail but he is our deer hunting.

Edited by 1911

Hey guys, thanks to everyone who contacted me letting me know something was up. As Jeff said, I've been out hunting.

Wifey called me right away, but cell don't work where we were.

Some anti-gun hacker nerd uploaded a redirecting file to my server, so when it was accessed by a search engine it redirected to the anti-virus popup. Fixed quickly and protected now. All the payment processing is handled via 3rd party service and nothing was compromised there. Had some settings that allowed a breach of the FTP upload portal, but she's all buttoned up now.

Sorry for any frustration caused.

Hey guys, thanks to everyone who contacted me letting me know something was up. As Jeff said, I've been out hunting.

Some anti-gun hacker nerd uploaded a redirecting file to my server, so when it was accessed by a search engine it redirected to the anti-virus popup. Fixed quickly and protected now. All the payment processing is handled via 3rd party service and nothing was compromised there. Had some settings that allowed a breach of the FTP upload portal, but she's all buttoned up now.

Good to hear man!

Peronal experience with AVG and Avast is that these severely slow computer function. Uninstalled them and PC's returned to normal speed. "Microsoft One-Care" is my choice as it was reccomeded by a trusted IT professional. I find it to perform a number of useful functions.