Gunsmith for Side By Side Stoeger Coach gun to SBS

I thought I would ask this question here figuring someone may know. My wife wants a Side by Side Sawed off shotgun. I think we may use a Stoeger Coach gun. I am looking for a really good smith that can cut the barrels/ do the SBS engraving and shorten up all the wood. I want a really nice job done. This is her xmas present. Anyone have any websites ect I would like to talk with someone.

Thanks

Ralph

I thought I would ask this question here figuring someone may know. My wife wants a Side by Side Sawed off shotgun. I think we may use a Stoeger Coach gun. I am looking for a really good smith that can cut the barrels/ do the SBS engraving and shorten up all the wood. I want a really nice job done. This is her xmas present. Anyone have any websites ect I would like to talk with someone.

Thanks

Ralph

What state are you in? I should know I got some guns from you Not long ago. Also have you ever had NFA firearms before. If you go out of state to get the work done it will need to go to a Class III in your state. You most likely have a Class II that could do the work near you that could do that work, that's some simple work to have done so any one that is not totally shade tree would be OK I think. But you would never get it by X-mas not even using a corp. That's a kick as X-mas gift by the way :super: you will have to get her a back holster like lord bowler has in The Adventures of Brisco County,Jr.

Thanks

Ralph

What state are you in? I should know I got some guns from you Not long ago. Also have you ever had NFA firearms before. If you go out of state to get the work done it will need to go to a Class III in your state. You most likely have a Class II that could do the work near you that could do that work, that's some simple work to have done so any one that is not totally shade tree would be OK I think. But you would never get it by X-mas not even using a corp. That's a kick as X-mas gift by the way :super: you will have to get her a back holster like lord bowler has in The Adventures of Brisco County,Jr.

I'm in ohio. BTW did you get those projects done yet? Well I just setup my LLC. I actually have recently bought a Mac 11/9 F/A. I am putting in the new LLC. I hope to buy a 22LR supressor as well this week:) My wife keeps seeing these Sawed Off shotguns on supernatural and she wants one:) Honestly I bought her a DE .50 last year. She sees movie guns and then wants them. I call them novelty guns:) She did shoot the DE even though a youtube video almost scared her off. She is only 120lbs and very little upper body strength. I would not even get the paper work approved before xmas. As I am told it is about 60 days out. However I will buy her the gun and get the ball rolling. We were looking at older SBS shotguns but I know little about them. She likes the savage 311 but wants a modern gun. We like the character of the older fire arms. We would also consider buying one already done. I wanted to find a guy who could do a nice job. My wife is very picking. She want's it to look like it came that way:) Her words. I would suspect I can get this all done for under $1k?

So I want a good smith who can cut it down and shape the wood handle. Then get the SBR info laser engraved along with something nice:)

How about :lolol:

http://www.ocdnycstore.com/double-barrel-s...ff-shotgun.html

One that looks like this, http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=115307592 It's not up for action but he my have some. In KY

Got them put together I have to tig the trigger guard on the 12 and then I'm getting them blasted and parkerized in Dec.

post-9601-1226902332_thumb.jpg

Edited by madmax4x4

I have to change that wood outand I have neglected the other saiga's since a got the two from you.

Not to hijack your thread

post-9601-1226902739_thumb.jpg

I have a friend in Newport that should know a good guy in Ohio to do the work I will ask and get back to you.

You know, if you Form 1 it, then legally you have manufactured it yourself, even though you may hire any FFL holding gunsmith to do the physical work for you. All they need is a copy of the approved Form 1. ATF would like a Form 5 to let them know, but it's not required. The gunsmith you choose stamps or etches the receiver and does the work. They don't have to be a Manufacturer, since you "manufactured" it with the Form 1.

I know this because I checked with the BATFE NFA Branch myself before accepting the job to do a Form 1'ed 8" SBS S12 for someone here on the board.

It's almost done, needs blasting and Duracoating.

• 7 months later...

I have been wanting to cut down a 10GA SXS, but I want a hammergun and a 10ga SXS hammergun that does NOT have Damascus barrels is almost impossible to find.

Edited by Banshee