LRBHO question/idea

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your SKS has a part inside it that slides up and blocks the bolt once it's activated by the follower. It's not the follower that holds it back.

There are AK mags that hold the bolt back with special raised followers. They are only good for letting you know when the mag is empty. You pull out the mag and the bolt slams shut. Not what we need for the S-12...

I already have a working design for the LRBHO. I have for three years. It will be for sale no later than early next year. I would like to get it out by Christmas but I'm not making any promises. I guess I'm going to have to post some video so people will relax and stop trying to design one.

Your SKS has a part inside it that slides up and blocks the bolt once it's activated by the follower. It's not the follower that holds it back.

There are AK mags that hold the bolt back with special raised followers. They are only good for letting you know when the mag is empty. You pull out the mag and the bolt slams shut. Not what we need for the S-12...

I already have a working design for the LRBHO. I have for three years. It will be for sale no later than early next year. I would like to get it out by Christmas but I'm not making any promises. I guess I'm going to have to post some video so people will relax and stop trying to design one.

Of course you know we are going to start bugging you all over again...lol

In all honesty I dont understand how you have a working design for that long and its not out yet. If you cant produce it why not let someone else? You could still turn a profit on it. And if it cant be produced then why would someone wait if they think they can do it themselves? Not tryin to offend just sayin....

In all honesty I dont understand how you have a working design for that long and its not out yet. If you cant produce it why not let someone else? You could still turn a profit on it. And if it cant be produced then why would someone wait if they think they can do it themselves? Not tryin to offend just sayin....

It works great with Factory mags. He wants to get it working for AGP mags and Mikes drums.

The trouble is getting it to work in AGP mags in all S-12's some mag latches are just a little different then others. This requires ether filing on the mag or the latch and so every S-12 requires a different "tweek" to get it running smooth.

Developing a procedure for fitting the mag and the LRBHO to any Saiga that an end user can easily fallow from written directions... Well you get the point.

Also. Mike has several versions of drums. Cobra has a bata test model, and a first run drum. I'll have one of the drums first off the new molds. Mike is also working out some other things but hasn't been very specific other than if you have a problem with your drum he will pay shipping both ways on it so he can do this particular fix himself.

Just having a working prototype (Also hear fits quad stack mags, double stack s-12 mags, metal s-12 mags, the SCAR, the 12ga drums, the ACR/Magpull Masada) don't mean you have something ready for Joe S-12 owner to try to install in his S-12.

That being said, I've seen it, fondled it, watched it work and was very impressed. It is very overbuilt and should last the life of several S-12's if you swap it from worn out gun to worn out gun.

Please keep us updated.

There are PLENTY of reasons why my LRBHO has been used only in my own shotguns, for three years now. I do not owe any explanations to any judgeMENTAL shit talking impatient PRICKS either! Stick it up your ass and go make your own if you want to. I'll bet mine works better than yours and is more durable. It will be released when I'M convinced it is the best it can be for what we have to use it with! If you can't wait til it's right then settle for less.

But to have something that long and not be produced is a bit ridiculous

Why would Cobra sell his LRBHO that he knows only works with factory mags. Most S12 owners use AGP and Drums so it's good business not to release it until it's compatible with every mag option. I do the same thing with any of my proto types. R and D takes a lot of time and patience as well as money.

But to have something that long and not be produced is a bit ridiculous

Why would Cobra sell his LRBHO that he knows only works with factory mags. Most S12 owners use AGP and Drums so it's good business not to release it until it's compatible with every mag option. I do the same thing with any of my proto types. R and D takes a lot of time and patience as well as money.

Hey Cobra- I'm new here and would love to see someone make one of these. Don't be distracted by others. Keep fightin' the good fight........If you been working on it that long, I'll buy one. Ed

But too have something that long and not be produced is a bit ridiculous

It takes lots and lots of time to make sure what you're producing will work with the multiple types, versions and generations of magazines out there for the Saiga 12. I'm sure Cobra wants to take his time and make a quality product so that the majority of users can be happy. No one wants the reputation of cranking out cheap or crappy junk parts. We can all think of a few companies who work this way. Cobra doesn't want to be though of in the same light as these lousy companies.

Because it takes lots of time to develop a great product, the inventor wants to control the entire process from start to finish. This is a key reason why he, nor I for that matter, would not want to just let others put their hands in the actual production process. Why should he let others take partial credit for his idea?

Let's all be patient. Whether you use your Saiga 12 for competition, hunting or plinking, just count your rounds and reload your magazines accordingly. The last round bolt hold device will not improve your shooting. It's a convenience item. From a competition standpoint, if you have to reload after shooting your magazine dry with a bolt lock, you're already in a big hole, pointswise.

Edited by surfmaster

lmao. I figured he would get his panties in was about em saying that but its true. You should see the PMs i have gotten about it. A year fine 2 maybe but geez. Sell the idea and data to someone who can make it happen. Im pretty sure I could build a damn pyramid but If i wanted one in a reasonable time I would get someone to build it for me.

Real men don't wear panties dave. Could you possibly be that fucktard...akdave?...fuck you... maybe yours need washing. I don't care what kind of PMs you're getting. You should see some that I have received about your smartass little troll comment. I'll go ahead and say out loud, some have been from vendors who've said they would be sure to never sell to you because you sound like such a dick.

Cobra,

I've seen the quality of your craftmanship. You take all the time you need to be confident of your product.

If people do not have the patience to wait then they can try to develop their own product. People like dinzag, TROMIX, Etac, Mike Davidson, BRG3, yourself and many others don't wait for someone else to come up with a solution. You all engineer, adapt, and overcome to solve the problem, then you test the crap out of it with all variables in mind to result in a superior product. I, along with many other silent ones will be eagerly awaiting the fruits of your labor.

I hope everything else is good with you.

Sincerely,

nyclu3

Cobra, you seriously need calm down. I clearly said in the beginning I was not meaning to offend. I simply suggested an idea to a BHO and you jumped my case like I was gettin in your territory. I have no idea how long it takes and I could never do the work you do. And about those PMs you got... prove it. That way I know who not to give my money to.

Cobra, you seriously need calm down. I clearly said in the beginning I was not meaning to offend. I simply suggested an idea to a BHO and you jumped my case like I was gettin in your territory. I have no idea how long it takes and I could never do the work you do. And about those PMs you got... prove it. That way I know who not to give my money to.

You won't have to know because I know you.

You know me? mmk. So Im not "allowed" to do business with you because I questioned someones methods?

Cobra is one of the most smartest individuals in this forum. One of... I got nothing against you david, but if you don't mean to offend then don't. Cobra is very well respected here and if you want to fit in than watch how you come off. :nonono:

Edited by saiga12fan

You won't have to know because I know you.

You know me? mmk. So Im not "allowed" to do business with you because I questioned someones methods?

Not only do I know you, I know plenty of people like you who instead of creating or contributing just rag and bitch about other people's work. Building custom guns requires a lot of time, effort, and talent which shows in the final product if the work is professional, and Cobra's work is stellar. I understand you are the type of person who would rather sell your 'pyramid' than put in the hard work and years it would take to build one, but the fact you would rather see him sell-out than succeed is just sad. I never said you weren't 'allowed' to do business with me, this is America, I said I wouldn't do business with someone who clearly doesn't understand custom work or the time one puts in to create a quality product. My guns are works of art and I like to see them go to folks who appreciate my time and effort, not those who find fault in whatever they can.

Do not feed the trolls, they only resurrect themselves under another name and continue their juvenile bullshit....lol. By the way, why do they alway choose some variant of the name the got banned with anyway?

Cobra-keep up the good work and don't let some little tard get the better of you. I sent you a PM about what we spoke of earlier.

The only reason my Bolt stays open on my SKS is because of the follower on the mag. How come we cant do that with the S12?

Dude, do you even OWN a Saiga shotgun?

It sure looks like the only reason you are here is to try to break Cobra's balls.

And that ain't happening.............

Cobra, you seriously need calm down. I clearly said in the beginning I was not meaning to offend. I simply suggested an idea to a BHO and you jumped my case like I was gettin in your territory. Blah, blah, blah ...

You make an effort to sound like you understand business, when it is clear that you do not. If Cobra is taking more time then you feel acceptable to bring his product to market, just buy one of the many other available LRBHO's out there ...

That not being an option, I guess that customers WILL wait on him to get his idea to market, unless someone beats him to the punch. That is always a risk that you take with exhaustive product development, as opposed to rushing it out and dealing with negative reviews and unhappy customers.

In closing, your being a little dick about the matter is not near as helpful as you probably imagine it to be.

Edited by Azrial
Cobra, you seriously need calm down. I clearly said in the beginning I was not meaning to offend. I simply suggested an idea to a BHO and you jumped my case like I was gettin in your territory. Blah, blah, blah ...

You make an effort to sound like you understand business, when it is clear that you do not. If Cobra is taking more time then you feel acceptable to bring his product to market, just buy one of the many other available LRBHO's out there ...

That not being an option, I guess that customers WILL wait on him to get his idea to market, unless someone beats him to the punch. That is always a risk that you take with exhaustive product development, as opposed to rushing it out and dealing with negative reviews and unhappy customers.

In closing, your being a little dick about the matter is not near as helpful as you probably imagine it to be.

Guess when one has no life, they have no comprehention of those that do. He wants to put this LRBHO out but not until it's as perfect as he can get it. You'd have thought people would have learned after waiting on MikeD for his drums. Patience in a virtue. One that can be well worth the cost.