Colt Diamond Grade 1911

I spent quite a lot of time looking for a 45 I'd like to have and ended up getting a DW PM7 for a nice carry weapon. I was looking at getting the Taurus PT945 but I never got that warm fuzzy feeling to get it. Finally found a Dan wesson which was used but in great shape.

And then it happened - While drooling over countless 1911's on gunbroker, I found the holy grail. But the price kept me from getting it for the next couple of days. The wife urged me to get it as she hated that I lost my Tromix. But I said no, no, no. And then it happened again - On gunbroker, I found "THE" pair of ivory grips and the gears in my head came to an abrupt stop...JACKPOT. The grips were being sold by a guy located in OKC. So, I called him and haggled the price down a couple hundred dollars so I could get the Colt Diamond Grade as well. AND the end result is........

Disregard the dates on the pics(new camera-didn't have the date corrected yet)

And no, I didn't discard the original grips.

post-7087-1226973338_thumb.jpg

post-7087-1226974434_thumb.jpg

post-7087-1226974467_thumb.jpg

post-7087-1226974479_thumb.jpg

Edited by ILstMyMarbles

I bought it because I wanted a masterpiece 45. Sure I'd like to shoot it, but if I do, it will be the most expensive round I ever shot. I don't have to shoot it as there are other 1911s to shoot with. This is an investment-period! But if SHTF, I wouldn't hesitate to use it. It has all the bells and whistles of an upscale 1911 minus the adjustable sights; however, they are 3 dot. It'll either wind up as an hierloom or a museum piece a century from now. But for now, it is mine all mine to admire. Hell, I might even request to be buried with it.

What a beautiful find! You definately need to show a test target of what it can do and that involves shooting it. I carry my B-B-Q gun about once or twice a month. I ain't got no stinkin' safe queens. :)

Congratulations!

Damn it 1911! It is so tempting to fire it, but what about its value decreasing? From what I know of it, it is a tricked out Colt XSE minus the forward serrations on the slide. I bought a Dan Wesson PM7 for a carry weapon and it is awsome just like you say. I know why the DW is your favorite. I figure the DW would be good and keep me from doing the unthinkable with the Diamond Grade. I know...guns are meant to be fired, not lay dormant as paper weights.

Edited by ILstMyMarbles

Everybodies got there own idea of what they want a given weapon for... and that is as it should be. I had a P08 Luger made in 1917 with all matching serial numbers on every part. I shot it and the a serial numbered (firing pin I think) broke and I had to replace it. I sold the gun shortly thereafter and decided to never own something that had historic value that I felt I couldn't shoot. It is a very personal decision and I in no way wish to persuade you one way or the other. I shoot my B-B-Q pistol and love it. My lucky kid (that gets it) will love it just as much and the fact that I actually carried & shot it will mean more to them. If it is an investment, definately don't shoot it! My wife's jewelry is the same way, I got it for her to wear. If it goes up in value fine, but that ain't why I bought it. Look at why you bought the pistol and be happy with what you decide to do with it. I get a tingly feeling every time I carry mine. :lolol: I got my everyday and I got my B-B-Q & Funeral and use them both. If my B-B-Q was an investment I definately would NOT shoot it. I just didn't choose to put any investment money into weapons.

post-3915-1227153504_thumb.jpg

post-3915-1227153610_thumb.jpg

p.s.- it cannot be a COlt XSE with the front serrations removed or it would have the Browning Hi-Power look on the front as mine does. Even shortening the Government model to a Commander length model required milling the front end. Check the serial number, what is the barrel length? Now you have me wondering what you got.

Edited by 1911

Never been fired is never been fired, NIB is NIB.

The gun was fired at the factory, and the gun has been taken out of the box, so neither really is true any more (and almost always is not) in this case. With that said - serious collectors can usually tell when you have fired the gun, and will devalue the gun a percentage point or two for just firing the gun one or two times.

Beyond that, and whats been said, if you do want to shoot the thing occasionally, make it a good day, like one round on your birthday or the 4th of July, and clean the gun immaculately afterward.

Do try to resist though!

Especially since the fucker's probably going into the smelter (or some liberal ass-kissers collection (more likely!)) anyway when the Dems run shit. :angry2:

Just saw a news clip on a Philly gun buyback program where a pristine (at least it looked) Ruger KGP-160 was laying in the chump bucket. Wonder how long it'll be before the fat-ass Police Chief (or one of the workers there) hides it under their hoodie? :rolleyes:

1911....I am not sure whether the Diamond Grade is an XSE series. But the manufacturers # is as follows:

Item #: O1070XSEDMG

Description: CLT GOVT 45PST SS TALO DIAMOND

Manufacturer: Colt

Model #: 1911A1 Diamond Grade Talo Limited Edition

Type: Semi-Automatic Pistol

Finish: Bright Stainless Steel Slide w/24K Gold Scroll

Receiver: Stainless Frame

Stock: Rosewood, Ornate

Sights: Fixed 3 Dot Sights

Barrel Length: 5"

Overall Length: 8.5"

Weight: 38 oz

Packaging: Cardboard Box with Cable Lock

Additional Features 1: Slot Hammer, Series 80, Aluminum Speed Trigger

Additional Features 2: Full-length Guide Rod, 1 of 350 Produced

I figured the manufacturers item # 01070XSEDMG made it an XSE series. The serial # is DMG0xxx. Hey, all I know is it feels like heaven in my hand. After thinking very hard, I've decided to use it. I bought it for ME, and not as something to be bartered with later on down the road. It is my personal pride and joy and I shall shoot it this weekend. Its too sexy to leave in a safe. I need to be part of it. It is my wish that it is passed down in my family as a prized possession.

By the way, I love that Colt you have there. That's my idea of a beautiful CCW!

Sorry ILstMyMarbles, sometimes I am a little slow. The receiver is indeed a Colt Governement Model XSE receiver. I am sure the Slide is also Colt but it is not the standard XSE Slide due to the lack of forward cocking serractions. Talo builds many fine custom engraved weapons and in order to do the engraving and plating they could not have front cocking serrations in the way. I feel certain that when you order 350 guns from Colt in one particular model they will accomadate you with a slide of your choice. These good folks turn out many custom editions from many manufacturers and are a major player. My bad, I should have caught on immediately. They made one a few years ago with a rattlesnake & "Don't Tread On Me" banner that I sure wish I had gotten. You have a beautiful weapon and I don't think you will regret using it. Never know till you try though. :)